Are girls mentally 2 years ahead of boys?

I have been in this debate with some friends, I am not on strong scientific grounds, but what’s logical to me, and what i know by mere general knowledge is that girls develope sexually earlier than boys but that doesnt have anything to do with mentality.
Mentality has nothing to do with age, it differs from one person to another.

Agree? please explain which is correct and why.

I think that in general, and based on stereotyping from parents, boys at a younger age are supposed to be more aggressive and hyper, as it’s almost suggested by parents. No parent, or at least one that i know, wants their 4 year old boy playing my little pony and having tea party with their stuffed animals.
Since girls tend to be more passive at a younger age, they like stories, art (acting out a tea-party) and essentially are more civilized and mature. This DOES put them ahead mentally imo.

Just my two cents

It’s stupid to make generalities. I know a lot of immature men and women and a lot of very mature men and women all at different ages. It has less to do with age and more to do with station in life.

Seriously this is very dumb.

^ agreed, I rate this thread :trout: :trout::trout::trout:

I disagree. I think it’s important that we once and for all define the exact personality that every member of each gender shares… I’m a busy guy, and I can’t be bothered to “get to know” everybody I meet. I need to be able to glance at them and instantly know what kind of person they are. Stereotypes are a real time saver.

High five!

I know girls AND guys my age who seem mentally behind. Then you have a huge bunch of bright cookies of both genders who are incredibly ahead of people even twice their age.

The only thing I’d ever pick with girls (well teens and younger) is their sense of humour being slightly less refined- but then again I know a lot of idiots.

I think people shouldn’t be judged based upon a group generalization, but as a single unit. It’s always the outliers that ruin it for the group. [whisper]cough ^ cough[/whisper]

Dude, he used two of them. I’d back off.

[QUOTE=shane-c;2352826]Dude, he used two of them. I’d back off.[/QUOTE]

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Watch out man. I have several.

You just did. :hat:

Yep, I think it depends on the person too. Boys and girls are different (look at the way male and female animals behave, it translates well to how children express themselves) so comparing the way they entertain themselves (with tea parties or aggressive play) is pointless IMO.

Mental development depends a lot on the person, and what the’ve experienced, been taught etc.

TENDER? Ok fine, you are pretty squishy.

That smily is going backwards in reading order.

Not enough clearly.

Do you even know things?

//edit: also that is a threat.

Stop spamming every thread with your stupid comments. Seriously, knock it off, you’re not contributing anything.

Pasquale quit egging him on. (ANGRY FACE!!!11eleven!!exclaim)

:lol: Well, you hit the ‘reply’ button to say that you weren’t going to reply, kinda like you started a thread about leaving, but have done the opposite. Do you not see the humour in that?

Take note of other cultures… the maturity age of women is when they reached 18… for men, it would be when they turned 21.

That’s very much based upon the biological sexual maturity though right? Not mental.

Dude I know guys in the 60s that act less mature then most 13 year olds I know.

@darkmotion, you know I think of you as 7 year old, you just can’t stop drawing zoo animals. I mean you do have a teddy bear as your icon.

[QUOTE=ajcates;2352894]Dude I know guys in the 60s that act less mature then most 13 year olds I know.

@darkmotion, you know I think of you as 7 year old, you just can’t stop drawing zoo animals. I mean you do have a teddy bear as your icon.[/QUOTE]

Dude, my zebras are vicious. Oh and that bear eats rockets. Soooo badas s