Are you people still using flash 5?!

I agree David:

He did speak in more detail…It all depends on your style, and your available cash flow…I think PC’s are the best value for the buck… However, I am not slamming Macs…

I used Macs in design school which were old and underpowered = pain :evil:

then again, a client of mine with a lot of $$ uses the tol G4 w/ 26" flat panel monitors… all I have to say is WOW! :o

but you do need to get off of the w98 kernel as soon as possible…

:cool:

Rev:elderly:

Yep, that is the one I tried.

It was my old animation teachers.

I visited school a few weeks ago and got to try it out :evil: It is sooo nice.

But then the security wanted to have me arrested for being there so I had to leave and didn’t get to mess with it that much.

this guy goes and buys a $15,000 color laser printer… :x

oh, to be a Trustafarian… :pirate:

I think PC’s are the best value for the buck… However, I am not slamming Macs…

not to pick on you particularly, because I do this too, but Macs ARE PC’s. I understand that people still differenciate with that term, but these days it’s becoming less so. Unless you’ve worked on a G4 with 2 gigs of Ram, using OSX, you haven’t really experienced PC. The machine absolutely smokes. Hell the 2 gigs is just redundant. But my Fiance know’s how to make that machine sing like an angel. That’s her thing, her knowledge base. She designs 24 hours a day (yes in her sleep), she’s got no time for learning Unix, or even PC construction. So for her, with the cash she had it was definitely the way to go.

Really I like my set up the best. A local lan with a Mackin Mac, and a Descent PC.

of course with us the cost was divided. :slight_smile:

The point though is that these days, it makes very little sense to make a distinction between PC’s and Macs because a Mac is a PC and can run everything that can run on Unix based systems pretty easily. There are some rumors that Macs do not perform well on 3D rendered stuff… but I haven’t really found that to be true yet. Vector graphics as far as I know are no problem on G4. Adobe Illustrator was practicaly marketed from a Mac standpoint. And 7.0 is a really nice program.

arrggg. enough already… I talk too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, with the G4 I seemed to have noticed better support for 3D rendering than many PCs… not getting into that though.

You state good points. And I agree with them all.

PS Off subject: New member posted in the Tell Us About Yourself section :slight_smile:

I forgot to ask Rev… who is that in your icon space? And I love the sig. Very sweetly done. I was trying to do a flag effect a bit back and failed miserably.

I think the avatar is someone from Red Dwarf. Am I right?

And yes… very cool sig :slight_smile:

symantics, … I used the term “PC” to differentiate from Mac made systems and OS only, not as a definition. Of course a Mac is a Personal Computer. In relaxed conversation, I generally do not get too literal.

We are agreed, except on my verbage… I only speak from direct experience, not from what I’ve been told… =)

thanks David:

the avitar is of “Ace Rimmer”

the brother of Arnold Judas Rimmer, otherwise known as Smeg-head, is quite a guy… best of the best, ready to “throw his wedding tackle in to a lions mouth while snapping his love spuds with a wet towel”

:stuck_out_tongue:

footer was done in a 3d prog, then broght into flash and messed with a bunch… :cool:

Rev

I still have no clue who that character is. :stuck_out_tongue:

footer… cool.

Red Dwarf is a British sci-fi comedy…

Lister is the last human alive, he is accompanied by something that evolved from the ship’s cat, a hen pecked mechanoid who loves to clean, and Rimmer, a hologramatic version of his old bunk mate.

Hilarious… and addictive… :stuck_out_tongue:

footer… I am not happy with the lighting, I am still working on that end of it… :-\

thanks again,

ahh… I’ve been told many a time that I should watch Red Dwarf. Never find it anyplace I can watch it though. I don’t have any special cable. I thought maybe they would make a dvd collection for it, but I’m hardly prepared to pay that kind of price for something I’m unsure of. Sometimes British humor does it for me, other times it just completely turns me off. I’m never sure until I watch it for a while.

check your pbs stations… they are about all that show it in the US…

I am the same way with Brit TV, this one however, got me hooked…

PBS? I feel like I’m stealing if I watch that because I know I’m not going to support it come fund raising time. Though I also am aware that I will probebly never buy a coke or a pair of nikes, so I guess I don’t really support other TV either.

I’m just a big Theif. :stuck_out_tongue:

and those guys will never let you alone if you give them money just once…

I’ve gotten beyond the guilt thing with them… :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t watch because they don’t have commercials, I watch because the programming interests me… go ahead, put a sponsor on it… or not…

I can see both ways…

:lol… maybe I’ll look around for it. Thanks

Try looking at www.bbc.co.uk/cult - there should be a link to Red Dwarf from there.

where are you located?

California :slight_smile:

Send me your email Trinity. I wont discuss this on KirupaForum, but I’ll chat with you about it over emails.
[email protected]

I can’t wait to hear from ya! THANK YOU!!! : :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**Try looking at www.bbc.co.uk/cult - there should be a link to Red Dwarf from there. **

sorry, but when I went to that link… no Dwarf…

but this one works: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

“I’m going to eat you little fishies”

Trinity:

Which part of the Bear Republic do you reside?

I’m in SF… :cyclops: where wierd isn’t…

:stuck_out_tongue: