AS3 CS4 Scripting issues DVD reproduction

My first project in flash, I thought it would be a simple one.

I am re creating a training DVD in flash (With newer content)

It is essentially a website with navigation between single frames with flv externally imported videos.

I have created the project and all accompanying FLV videos to be 1280x1024. This was supposed to be the res people would view it on. now I am being told that most post people will view it on a “standard laptop screen” whatever that means haha.

If I make the file the smallest 800x640 say…the quality at at full screen on a higher resolution will not be acceptable.

So my issues are as follows:

[COLOR=#00ff00]When scaled to different size screens the imported video seems to “crease”.
-is there a way of dynamically smoothing the video, it is not a quality issue but more like all the pixels can’t fit on a smaller resoultion. I can post an image if that would help.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]If run in fullscreen I get an error when the frame showing the following.

ReferenceError: Error #1056: Cannot create property overview_vid on flash.display.Stage.[/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]

and

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.[/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]
at 1019851_01_fla::MainTimeline/__setProp_overview_vid_Scene1_Content_809()[/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]
at 1019851_01_fla::MainTimeline/frame810()
[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]I have created a button to leave the frame before the end of the video I have managed to stop FLVPlayback of the video and audio, but not the captions FLVPlaybackCaptioning.

Is there a way of stopping everything as you leave a frame? I have searched and not found anything.

as3 code example on menu that leads to video frame.
stop();
intro_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler2);
function mouseDownHandler2(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(809);
}
overview_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler3);
function mouseDownHandler3(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(810);
}
installation_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler4);
function mouseDownHandler4(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(811);
}
gettingstarted_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler5);
function mouseDownHandler5(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(802);
}
otherbld_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler6);
function mouseDownHandler6(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(804);
}
testsuite_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler7);
function mouseDownHandler7(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndStop(803);
}

as3 code example on video frame.

stop();
back_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler41);
function mouseDownHandler41(event:MouseEvent):void {
intro_vid.stop();
[COLOR=#ff0000]intro_cap.stop(); //doesn’t work//[/COLOR]
gotoAndStop(801);
}

[/COLOR]As you can see I am new to this and what I am trying to do seems like really basic code…go from one frame and play the next without moving on.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am the only person doing anything to do with flash in my whole company it seems at the moment.
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]

[/COLOR]