Audio EQ

Does anybody know how to make an Audio EQ bar like they have at Flash Kit when you Preview a loop. You know the little bars that go up and down to the music. I could fake one but I would like to make a real one for a change. If anybody knows anything on the subject please post. :slight_smile:

as far as I know, they are all fake. That is to say… there is no way of getting the audio levels as a property of a sound, so it should be impossible to make a set of EQ bars that move dynamicaly.

This might have changed with MX… I don’t know, but I’ve never seen someone answer this question for 5.0.

Are yuo sure because these ones here look very real. I’m sure you’ve been here before just play a loop.
http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Alternative/

Also go here and click on cartoons then click on spiky Speaks. He even says there is some AS that will change a MC’s properties based on the amplitude of a Sound?

Just ckeck these out and see what you think.:slight_smile:

Yes, actually they are real. I have changed the sounds on the EQs on flashkit and they do change the animation. I wish I knew how so I could help you, but I have no clue how they did it.

You’ll have to pay for the software: Marmalade.

pom :asian:

Very excellent:)

Thats pretty cool, but what about sites that were built before MX came out. Flash Kit had the EQ bars on there loops long before MX ever came out. Do yuo think maybe there is some kind of lost script that can achive this effect?

flashamp was out long before mx. it’s a bit of a hassle to use, puts out a weird txt file, never get bored enough to really feel the need to go through all that trouble for an equalizer, winamp works just fine if i want sound… =)

The problem syntax is that you have to analyze the sound file, and Flash just can’t do that.
And Eyez’s right, it went out before MX.

pom :asian:

Sweet… I learn something new every day. :slight_smile:

I really would love to know how they do that.

so I guess I’ll have to go back to making fake ones agin. Oh well it was worth a try I guess. thanks for everyones help.:slight_smile: