Basic Flash Button Problem

Hi,\r\rI found your tutorial site very informative, finding help on most topics I wanted. But, and there always is a but, one tutorial there isn’t, is how to use flash button to link to different parts of a movie.\r\rWhat I would like (ideally!) is a tutorial on how to do this, I think it invloves setting up the button to go to a farticular frame and then sticking there - but I don’t know how to do that!\r\rIs there any chance of a tutorial on this?, or is it simple enough that someone could tell me here? Any replies here, or sent to [email protected] would be gratefully appreciated.\r\rThanks,\r\rJim McBrearty

FYI - I’m using flash 5\r\rJim

Hello Jim,\rFlash includes a HTML Help feature that has a lot of good information regarding your question. Go to Help | Using Flash or press F1 in Flash to launch the Help pages. In the Contents, click on the Creating Interactive Movies link. From there, click the Jumping to a frame or scene link. The address of that page on my computer is: file:/ //C:/ Program%20Files/Macromedia/Flash%205/Help/UsingFlash/html/12_interactivity10.html\r\rThat tutorial should help you out. Once you try that and have a more specific question, please don’t hesitate to post in the Flash 5 forums. I or other helpful flashers will be more than happy to help you out!

Wow! Quick response!\r\rThanks,\r\rJim