Beware Web pirates arrgghh!

I :love: to spam. :rabbit:

the text still has your name in it! so my guess is that they just uploaded all the swfs. rippers really annoy the hell out of me. :m:

no they didnā€™t, they changed the logo :wink:

edit: woops, never mind, it was your site, and Iā€™m going to delete the old text so nobody sees my stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:

Submit pirated sites here:

http://www.pirated-sites.com/

Wow looks like we opened a can of worms hereā€¦ Excellent ripping skillz Canadian-Guy :slight_smile: ā€“ I dont know if I would have used a banana though? Ordinathorreur thanks for the link-- I think we just gave these guys loads of free traffic LOL. Anyway I have loads more designs up my sleeve ( just have to encrypt the files in future)

Encrypting them unfortunately doesnā€™t stop many ppl anymore. What you can do though is call externally loaded swfsā€¦ rippers seem to have troubles w/ those :slight_smile: then again thatā€™s what you may have already done.

I donā€™t think thatā€™ll stop people with an decompiler from reading your code and seeing what external swfs you used ā€¦

Yeah I know. Well the whole site is dynamic, scalable with externally loaded nav, swfs, images and content - I hope it took them a while to rip. anyway thanks for all the advice guys, Im gonna leave it with the legal team, and press on make make some more kool stuff. No use crying over spilt milk :beer:

Catch you on the forums. Caio Pixiwixi

hehe, i wrote this to them on their contact page:

YOU SUCK! Youā€™ve ripped someone elses website right down to the T. I canā€™t believe that anyone would be soā€¦ obvious, to say the leastā€¦ http://www.maxdefinition.net/flash.htm is the site you ripped.

shakes head despicableā€¦

RAWR i hope you get sued!

hehe, that sucks pixiā€¦ i hope they do get suedā€¦

:p:

HEY DUDE,
I did a bit of research for you and this is what I came up with

Domain Name: PISANGMAS.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
Referral URL: http://domainhelp.tucows.com
Name Server: NS5.MSCHOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS6.MSCHOSTING.COM
Updated Date: 03-dec-2003
Creation Date: 03-dec-2003
Expiration Date: 03-dec-2004

**Current Registrar:**TUCOWS INC. IP Address:[color=#0000ff]202.75.42.33[/color] (ARIN & RIPE IP search) **IP Location:**MY(MALAYSIA) **Record Type:**Domain Name **Server Type:**Indeterminate **Lock Status:**ACTIVE **DMOZ **no listings **Y! Directory: **[url=ā€œhttp://search.yahoo.com/search/dir?p=PISANGMAS.COMā€][color=#0000ff]see listings[/color] **Secure:**Yes **E-commerce:**Yes **Traffic Ranking:**Not available **Data as of:**08-Jun-2004
(outside malaysia) phone number: +6(0)19 220 9099
email: [email protected]

hahaah! I like how they thought it was a good idea. SOOO pathetic.

very creativeā€¦ I like the banana though :wink:

[color=grey][size=1]like hell I do[/size][/color]

they even stoled the clients :stuck_out_tongue: what a bunch of losers

This is so weird Iā€™m almost thinking their website is just a hack. Since the content is basically the same, maybe its done as sort of a joke, sort of a site we ripped off of the week kind of thing??

Aside from it being ripped, its an incredible design.

Can I use it too???

what did you key in to find this site?

Yahoo.com > maxdefinition

too bad you couldnā€™t drop in a suicide.swf file that will eraticate the actionscripting on their end. and set it up so where they wouldnā€™t know which swf file was causing the problem. even drop in a few duplicates, and decoys in case they want to try and figure out what the problem is.

that would be a cool way to keep others from ripping your work off. of courseā€¦ you would have to find out a way of making that possible.

other than that you could just register a bunch of content from their site as websearch criteria for your own. send some of their customers your way to a dummy site(youā€™ll have to create it in their language of course), and just put up some kind of ā€˜criminalā€™ warning image up there so where ever their users go to no matter to their site or your own dummy site they will feel like the company is too risky to do business with.

odds are they charged some one else to produce the site. i figure the pirates are posing as a ā€˜site creation companyā€™.

or just burn their house down.