Blury pixel font

ok I have a scrolling text area that uses a pixel font… for some reason I cannot get it to be clear, every aspect of it is on an exact pixel value, not a fraction. I have no idea why it wont appear clear (like the text to the left of it)… you can check it out at:

www.grafikdesigns.com/centrum/rev02.html

then click on the PR/NEWS/AWARDS section… anyone have any tricky ideas?

peace

PS it is completely clear while I view it in Flash

ok this is really starting to piss me off!!!

Ive been trying everything I can think of, even things that (in theory) should make it worse!!! Nothing is working… has anyone had this problem??? Any ideas on fixing it??

Oh yeah the font is: kroeger 0853

im thinking the scroller placement is affecting the pixel placement of the textbox. maybe you can post some of the AS of how you loaded the text.

Do you have placed the scroll component on whole pixels? Or 0.2 or 0.4 or something.

it is not the Flash UI scroller component… the text is actually an MC (same as on the left) that is being scrolled with some AS ( in know the AS isnt the problem because I am using the same code and technique in the one on the left), and no the scroller is on whole pixel values. The one on the right is set up just like the one on the left, thats why it is so wierd that it doesnt want to work. GRRRRRR, if I didnt love my computer I think I’d throw something at the screen!

peace

check out www.theory7.com … and search…

it should resolve your problems…

That’s a problem with the scrollcount and the position of the mc in which the text is written…

To observe this… Do one thing… The text that appears clear… Scroll it very slowly… A pixel by pixel… It gets blurred too…

Check that…

The scrollvalue of the scroller has a problem…

Moreover… The text you are complaining about doesn’t seem to be size 8… Is it?
Because pixel fonts need to be size 8 or multiples of 8…

yes it is size 8, and no it doesn’t go from blury to clear (like the one on the left does, as ALL scrolling pixel font should) - I know it should alternate from clear to blury, but if you scroll the field on the right slowly youll see that it always remains blury. I going to check out that theory7 website now.

peace

ok theory7 is a flash store, and that helps me how?

hmm…i think he post the site to tell u there is a other site that can overcome the blurr text.

well, yes. I have made other sites that have “overcome the blurr text”, I know it is possible, I even overcame it in the text field on the right:-/… I am just having a problem with this one text field and it is really weird cuz I dont see why there should be a problem.

[font=Tahoma]MOST ACCOMPANYING INSTRUCTIONS FOR PIXEL FONTS WILL TELL YOU TO POSITION THE FONTS ON WHOLE PIXELS; THIS MEANS SETTING THE X AND Y COORDINATES OF THE TEXT FIELD TO NUMBERS LIKE 1.0 AND 2.0 FOR EXAMPLE. THIS IS FINE IF YOU ARE BUILDING A VERY SIMPLE SITE/APPLICATION, ALL YOUR TEXT FIELDS ARE ON THE ROOT TIMELINE FOR EXAMPLE, BUT ONCE YOU START BUILDING COMPLEX PROJECTS WITH MULTIPLE LEVELLED MOVIES PROBLEMS START TO ARISE. THERE IS A WAY TO ENSURE THAT PROBLEMS DON??T ARISE, MAKE SURE THAT EVERY OBJECT AND MOVIE CLIP THAT YOU CREATE IS POSITIONED ON WHOLE PIXELS AND HAS WHOLE PIXEL WIDTH AND HEIGHT PROPERTIES! THIS IS THE ADVICE THAT YOU MAY SEE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING PIXEL FONTS, I CAN SAY NOW THAT THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE, IS VERY TIME CONSUMING AND CERTAIN SITUATIONS WILL MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, YOU CAN TRY BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY ENDED COMING BACK AND FINISHING THIS TUTORIAL! THE PROBLEMS START WHEN YOUR TEXT FIELD IS EMBEDDED INSIDE A MOVIE CLIP THAT IS EMBEDDED INSIDE ANOTHER MOVIE CLIP AND SO ON, THE SOLUTION IS TO THROW OUT THE ADVICE ABOUT POSITIONING THE TEXT FIELD ON WHOLE PIXELS AND ADJUST THE X AND Y COORDINATES TO A MORE ACCURATE LEVEL, BY POSITIONING BY SINGLE 10TH??S OF A PIXEL. SO IF YOUR TEXT FIELD IS POSITIONED AT X 1.0 AND Y 1.0 AND IT IS STILL BLURRY, TRY ADJUSTING THE X VALUE TO 1.5, STILL BLURRY, TRY ADJUSTING THE Y VALUE TO 1.5, STILL BLURRY, TRY ADJUSTING THE X VALUE TO 1.7, AND SO ON, I THINK YOU GET THE IDEA, YOU MAY HAVE TO TRY 1.8, 1.9 OR 1.2, ETC THERE ARE MANY COMBINATIONS TILL YOU GET THE RIGHT ONE, BUT WITH A LITTLE PRACTICE YOU WILL GET USED TO SETTING THEM QUICKLY, IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING BUT IT IS WELL WORTH THE EFFORT. YOU MAY NEED TO TEST THE MOVIE TO SEE IF THE FONT IS CRISP AS SOMETIMES THE STAGE VIEW IN FLASH CAN BE MISLEADING BY SHOWING THE TEXT AS SHARP BUT WHEN PUBLISHED IT IS STILL BLURRY.
THIS TRICK MAY SEEM OBVIOUS TO MANY, BUT WHEN YOU RECEIVE 10 EMAILS A DAY ON THIS SUBJECT ALONE I SOON REALISED THAT IT IS NOT.[/font]
[font=Tahoma][/font]
[font=Tahoma] by NEVIL 20 Oct 2003 at 7:45 PM[/font]

[font=Tahoma]also welcome to Theory7[/font]

all UPPERCASE… y life is so hard. -_-*

Embed it.