Braindead and searching

I don’t know if there is a thread for this, if there is I apologize…

I was wondering how hard would it be to add a search box on the seach failed page. When you search for something and the search returns null, instead of hitting back on the browser…just put another string into box and hit search?

Or as the title suggests, does this already exist and I’m just braindead?

it is there, just click the little search thing at the top, and the box drops down to search in.

I think it depends on which search program you have configured your website to use. For example, when you search for mohicans in the kirupa.com search box, you get a “no results found” page with another search box there for you to enter a new string: http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-advanced=1&sp-q=mohicans&B1=search&sp-a=00040c2f-sp00000000&sp-w-control=1;

EDIT: Are you referring to the forums by any chance? :slight_smile:

EDIT2: You are right. When I searched a random word in the forums, I did not see another search field or the header where the search drop down menu is located. If that is what you are referring to, I may add that to the list of forum enhancements I will consider when updating VB shortly!

oh hehe, i was talking about the feature in vb3 :wink:

Thats true, I searched for mohicans for a college work and I got a “results not found”, u dissapointed me kirupa :frowning:

EDIT: Are you referring to the forums by any chance?

EDIT2: You are right. When I searched a random word in the forums, I did not see another search field or the header where the search drop down menu is located. If that is what you are referring to, I may add that to the list of forum enhancements I will consider when updating VB shortly!

I was in fact talking about the forums. Not that its a big deal because you can hit that drop down and jump to search…but it would be nice if there was a search box under your failed search result so you can try again :slight_smile: