Build Native React App -Beginners

Hello,
I have basic HTML, CSS,JavaScript knowledge, and intermediate Java and Python skills. I have started to use this book on React and nearly finished " Learning React: A Hands-On Guide to Building Web Applications Using React and Redux, Second edition by Kirupa Chinnathambi"

I am learning to write an App in React Native (which I can use for Android and iOS) which can take a Bluetooth csv file and do some calculations and display the results.

What I want to know is with the skills I already have how to I learn Native React the right way. I am feeling overwhelmed with all the stuffs online.

Any help would be fully appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the forums @yudhi! I think you should be in good shape. Have you started building small React Native apps? If you have, did you find yourself easily getting unstuck in areas where you got stuck? :smile:

Hi Kirupa, I finished your book on React, was stuck sometimes but all is good now. I’ve set up the Native React environment, simulator etc and now trying to build a small app. Do you have any resources on that? I’m trying to build an app that can receive some files via Bluetooth and display some calculations e.g. Like my Huawei smart watch :slight_smile:
Thank you

Outside of the actual React documentation, I haven’t found a whole lot around it. There is enough overlap with both React and traditional web development (mostly JavaScript) where if you know the basics of both, you should be good. For what you are trying to do, there may be some native Java or Swift/Objective-C code you might need for the low-level device communication. I haven’t played with React Native enough to know for sure, though.