-Business Cards Guidelines-

I’m trying to find a link to a printable Type Gauge Ruler for you, which will help you understand the right size type to use, without having to print tests. Or…you can buy one from any decent Art Supply store.

Grrrrr… :rabbit:

lol@ CG … yeah baby!

i agree with the points simplistik , DDD, and others mentioned, more empty space is much more appealing because of the focal point and clean “we mean business” kind of design, too graphical looks like mentioned, a smaller version of a flyer.

I would design in illustrator worry more about the company’s coporate ID (logo and business name) and providing information to a potential client than rather show your skills in photoshop as it may back fire and sell yourself short by presenting yourself to one part of the market.

like always consult your printer before you start anything, think about paper weight (gsm), colors used (spot colors or 4 colour?) the size (dimensions), if you wish to do any die cuts, any special treatment to the card (foil?) and if you want a finish (celeglazed, gloss laminated, matt laminated).

And dont forget the bleed others mentioned-very important!!.

hope this helps.
.soulty

cool, lots of helpful tips! :thumb: u guys convinced me, I´ll go for a cleaner look, more simple type, thanks all! :slight_smile:

BTW: CG is that ur card?? :smiley: its…nice… :sure:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I have a question! what should I put in resolution when I create a new document in PS to create my bcard???

depends on your printer dude. call them up and ask what the resolution requirments for printing business cards would be, I print out of illustrator most always for coporate ID (logos, biz cards. letterhead etc…)

but from other print jobs i would usually work from 300dpi to 600dpi.

k great, thanks for the help :thumb: