Button gotoandplay HELP please!

I am new to CS4 and actionscript 3.0. I am developing a flash website for a friend of mine as a favor. Ive been stuck with a small problem for a day and a half already. I am used to the oldschool flash MX 5.0 and actionscript 1.0 where you could simply add an action to a button intself. For instance I used to be able to put this action directly on a button and it would work fine.

on(Release) {
gotoAndPlay(2)
}

I’ve been doing a little research and reading about how to do this in CS4 and its something like this.

button1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button3.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button4.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button5.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button6.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)
button7.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, functionName)

var targetName:String;

function functionName(e:MouseEvent):void
{
targetFrame = e.currentTarget.name;
gotoAndStop(targetFrame);

I’ve tried this as well and it doesnt seem to work even after labeling frames and everything. It will work for 1 button and when i click the other buttons, they will all go to the same frame instead of going to the other labeled frames. On top of that its causing my button animations to loop instead of stopping after playing once.

So what I’m asking is for someone to please download my fla file (CS4) at http://upload.frostbytez.com/index.php/files/get/HWf-zEmwhj/roughcopy.fla and put the appropriate actions for just two of the buttons and make them go to say frame 2 for one of them and frame 150 for the other one. After seeing the actions on two of the buttons I will understand better and ill be able to finish up the rest of the buttons. I stripped all the actions and labels off of the fla file before uploading it. The button names are home - about - faq - services - forum - contact and are all located on the last frame on the buttons layer. I’m desperate for some help with this. So please , anyone I’m begging you for a little help to get me through this one problem i ran into. I would genuinely apprechiate any help that anyone can give to me. If anyone could just download my fla and add the correct actions and email it to me at [COLOR=#0000ff][email protected][/COLOR] or just tell me the exact script i should copy and paste into my action frame where the buttons are i would greatly apprechiate it. Thanks ahead of time.