Button problem

I have 3 buttons. One button is static with its label below it, the other 2 go to a new scene. When you mouseover the 2 buttons their labels fade in to the same spot the static label occupies.\r\rHow can I get that static button’s label but not the button to go away. I thought this would be easy but I am overlooking something. Can any of you experts help me out here?

Turn your text into a movie clip, and then when the button is pressed, tell it to fade.\r\rpom 0]

Here is a better description:\rThe names of each button appear in the same place (below the row of buttons) when you mouseover them. Each button changes color and fades in the name as you mouseover. I’ve got that far. Clicking each button takes you to a different scene. In that scene that button (the one you clicked to get to the scene) is in the over state (different color) with the name already showing. This button is inactive because we are on that button’s scene. It serves as the title to the scene.\r\rHow do I get that inactive button’s name to disappear when the other 2 active buttons are moused over? As it is now the others fade in over the inactive buttons name. Hope this is clearer. I can’t seem to find a button tutorial that addresses this. If there is one let me know where. Thanks.