Buttons not working - When trying to LoadMovie

[size=2]Hello- I’m looking for some help with a seemingly basic loadMovie type flash site. I implemented the ideas from this tutorial>> [/size][size=2][color=#800080]http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/full_site.htm[/color][/size][size=2] though my site has kind of a photo gallery theme. This may be a little complicated and I will try to be as specific as possible. I created a web site based on a gallery tutorial and the tutorial mentioned above. The gallery has one top/main loading screen and a bottom thumbnail scroller- does this sound familiar to anyone :slight_smile: The design also has left and right scroll buttons on the ends of the thumbnail scroller- I modified this gallery design with additional next and previous arrow buttons to the left and right of the main loading screen. And the buttons have this actionscript>>

on (release) {
loadMovie(“clip”+(_level0.current_clip+1)+".swf", “_root.screen”);
_level0.current_clip = _level0.current_clip+1;
}

And negative values for the previous arrow/button.

I also included a >> _root.screen.loadMovie(“clip1.swf”);_level0.current_clip = 1;

which is located on an “actions layer” in order to have a photo loaded on the main screen (instead of screen being blank)

I hope I’m not leaving anything out.

Anyway I would like to add a few navigation buttons that would load a completely different thumbnail menu. So I tried creating a fla file that has just the navigation buttons with a >> _root.scroll.loadMovie(“menuthumb1.swf”);_level0.current_clip = 1;

The thumbnail scroller loads when I publish preview but the thumbnail scroll buttons do not work (the same thing happens whether I try to load the scroller separately or with the main loading screen). Also when I try to load the main screen with the next and previous buttons - there is still no response from the arrow buttons. I also find it to be strange that I don’t receive an error message when I publish preview.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Any remedies? :slight_smile:

[/size]