Calling a scene from within a movie clip

im not still working on the project currently… but… im just curious about somthin… i was making a website for a project for school… and i was calling movie clips within movie clips with a lot of telltarget… then within one of them i had a button and i wanted to go to the second scene… but it wouldnt work… it wouldnt go to the scene… my friend had the same problem with somthing he was working on… im just curious if there is a way… like maybe a path or somthing for the scene… \r\roh yeah… also say i have a movie clip called “clip1” and a movie clip within “clip1” called “clip2”… ok… if i am in “clip2”… is there a way i can access “clip1” from inside of it… like using telltarget sort of inside out like i guess…\r\rthanks…\r\r-scott

1: calling a scene. On the button put, \r\ron(press){\r_root.gotoAndPlay(WHATEVERSCENEYOUWANT)\r}\r\r\r2: What exactly do you want to access? variables? tell it to do something? explain a little more…

This is an age old problem. The reason you can’t do that is that frame 1, in an swf is always the same frame… it’s frame 1. If you have a scene with 10 frames, then a second scene with 5 frames. You want to tell the playhead to goto scene 2 frame 1. You have to call out to frame 11, or you have to label the first frame in scene 2 with a frame label. Then you can call to it by name.\r\rWhy Flash does that is a mystery to me :slight_smile:

probably a minor oversight…there is so many other much more important components to Flash…

could use NextScene, but then you have to do a gotoandPlay on frame 1 of Scene(x)…\r\r…or…\r\ryou could use mc.gotoandplay(frame)\r\rwouldn’t that resolve the issue?\r\rAs far is movie clips inside movie clips… you’ll just have to reference parent/child relationships\r\rmc1.mcnside1.mcnsidecnside1.gotoandplay(frame);\r\ror… maybe I’m wrong.\r