Can someone look at my source

I’ve added javascript popup windows on to a couple of buttons, and for some reason they are’nt working. I’m preety certain I did it right. Suddenly though I realised that my pages source looks not right atall. It’s totally different on the net compared to the file I have on my hard drive.

I thought it would be ok as I’m using IE?
Any ideas people, I’d be grateful :slight_smile:
www.sm-webdesigns.co.uk

the source says, browser doesn’t support frames!

You have to enter the javascript tags in the <head> section of your HTML file.

That’s done it… thanks Rennigirl, I appreciate the tip :slight_smile:
Simon

hmmmm is something wrong with my pc? I tryed what rennigirl said and it worked for mysite.freeserve.com/flas…nter3.html

however on the same page but with domain forwarding it aint working www.sm-webdesigns.co.uk

I aint got a clue this end, has anyone ever seen this before?
you have to click the examples button, then click a @ button.
Simon

Can you show us the actionscript you attached to the buttons? I’m thinking it might be a target problem.

here is the script I used

on (release) {
getURL ("javascript:Launch(’<a href=“http://mysite.freeserve.com/flashflash/pete4.html’)");">mysite.freeserve.com/flas....html’)”);</a>
}

and the other button was

on (release) {
getURL ("javascript:Launch(’<a href=“http://mysite.freeserve.com/flashflash/arrow.html’)");">mysite.freeserve.com/flas....html’)”);</a>
}

ovbiously one page was called pete4.html and the other was called arrow.html
I’m begining to think it has something to do with the domain name forwarding system.
Surely that shouldn’t effect anything?
Also in the actions button it should be going for
mysite.freeserve.com/flas…pete4.html
I just tryed to click what I posted and it said page not found?
The page is there though Arrrggghhhh! :slight_smile:
Any thoughts are appreciated :slight_smile:
Simon

You didn’t specify a target, that could be the problem… I’m not 100% sure… but give this a try:

on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp getURL (“pete4.html”, “_self”);
}

on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp getURL (“arrow.html”, “_self”);
}

Thanks for that Ren, I’ll give it a go! I just mailed you with some ideas on it. Any clues are a big help this end.
Thanks again Renni :slight_smile:
Simon