Can you Imagine working for

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

*29 have been accused of spousal abuse

• 7 have been arrested for fraud

• 19 have been accused of writing bad cheques

• 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

• 3 have done time for assault

• 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

• 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

• 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

• 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

• 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organisation. this is?

It’s the 535 members of the United States Congress.

[size=1] got this as an email attachment, just wondering is this true?[/size]

I’m canadian so i dont’ know a ton about US Congress but do the ppl in it never change. Ive seen these numbers sence grade 9 in high school and it always seems to be the same #'s.

hehehe, i wonder too.

way to go US Congress! :thumb:

I’m in the same boat as Sintax up there. I mean, I think a person can always change and I am sure that with those stats some of the people mentioned have prolly done 2 or 3 things on that list… not one person for every action.

Either way though - some funny numbers :slight_smile:

I’d be willing to bet, that if you took an honest poll of a standard office… you’d get something of the same results…

We’ve all stood in line for some Gov’t task (DMV, or Drivers License), we’ve seen the drags of society while waiting for the burnout behind the counter to get to us…

just a thought…

Rev

I think I saw something like this for Hitler, Einstein and Roosevelt or something.

*Originally posted by Jasninder *
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

*29 have been accused of spousal abuse
Libertarians + one Clinton

• 7 have been arrested for fraud
    Republicans

• 19 have been accused of writing bad cheques
    Democrats

• 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
    Republicans

• 3 have done time for assault
    1 Republican 2 Democrats

• 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
    Democrats

• 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
    Libertarians

• 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
    Winona’s party - Democrats

• 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
    Republicans

• 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
    Not the Green Party - driving isn’t eco-friendly.

Just figured I’d be a jerk and add my random thoughts on which party they may belong to! I would not be surprised if the stats are true. Jaz - it’s almost as bad as the UP legislature back home ehh? =)

EDIT: I’m aware that there aren’t that many Libertarians or Indpendents in Congress :cyclops:

*Originally posted by reverendflash *
**I’d be willing to bet, that if you took an honest poll of a standard office… you’d get something of the same results…

We’ve all stood in line for some Gov’t task (DMV, or Drivers License), we’ve seen the drags of society while waiting for the burnout behind the counter to get to us…

just a thought…

Rev **
I think I’m with Rev on this one. Our government is one for the people, by the people. Congressmen are normal people too, and if anyone thinks that politicians are flawless, you’ve definately got your head stuck up where the sun doesn’t shine.

Still though, it was funny to look at.

true true rev and BM

I belong in the same group as SureShot and Sintax - however I am willing to bet it’s true.

And if it is that is so increabibly funny/sad.

lol Politics is a bad idea anyway lol

Politics are good… If it wasn’t for someone up there doing politics… We’d have to do them all… Screw that… I don’t wanna go through the bull**** :smiley: hehe…

But… The numbers are funny… And I’d almost agree with all those party suggestions Kirupa… Very thoughtful :smiley:

I think it’s funny that we gripe about how these people in elected office break so many laws and we talk about how bad they are… then on the first Tuesday of November we all go to the polls and re-elect them. I think that makes the collective us the criminals. Bill Clinton was re-elected with 54% dispite the fact that he had purjured himself.

Churchill said it best:
“The greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with a voter.”

*Originally posted by Thinker2501 *
**I think it’s funny that we gripe about how these people in elected office break so many laws and we talk about how bad they are… then on the first Tuesday of November we all go to the polls and re-elect them. I think that makes the collective us the criminals. Bill Clinton was re-elected with 54% dispite the fact that he had purjured himself.

Churchill said it best:
“The greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with a voter.” **

I dont think that when people are going to the polls they have fully researched who they are electing. I am sure there are hoards of people that pick based off of how catch the last name is for gods sake.

*Originally posted by kirupa *
Jaz - it’s almost as bad as the UP legislature back home ehh? =)

So true, even worst actually… an ex chief minister and minister was caught red handed by customs today, he was accused for smuggling drugs, this happened in manipur but hey, just show the way things are here even.

that’s why i’m proud to be an american

:stuck_out_tongue:

not so diffrent from germany! we have a foreign minister, who was arrested for throwing bricks on policemen during a demo in his younger days :smiley:

that is acceptable and i think u dont know what happened in u.p (india) parliament in india few years back, well all the ministers threw tables , chairs, mic’s and anything they could get hold of at eachother, many were injured and parliament house was a bloddy mess, they even showed it in world’s wildest videos, then every second day a minister is caught pimping, rape case, drugs and there’s an endless list, if a rule was made that minister with no criminal record or background is allowed to be a minister/ politician even, i think our parlaiment houses will be closed forever :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why democracies rock! :beam: