Car Headlights?

if i had to make a mask lighting up the front of a car how would i mask it. ive got three layers. a layer for my city, a layer for my car, and a layer for my alpha’d black box (making it look like darkness). i want to mask the darkness with the car headlights. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Make a shape, triangle(ish) I suppose. Then fill the shape useing the liner graident fill. It should start at a solid color, (doesn’t really matter which since it will be a mask.) The other fill point should be alpha null (the little white box with a red line through it.) Then make the shape a mask. The only thing I am unsure of is what layer you would need to mask to make it work. Play with it a bit to see, and let us know how its going.

Cheers!
-Niann

I don’t think this would work, Niann, as Flash doesn’t care about the alpha or the color of a mask. If you make it fade away, Flash won’t see it (unless you’re working on MX). I’m not totally sure though.

pom 0]

Hmmmm, I have never tried before. What you say makes sense though. Ok opening flash now to take a look at some options, there has got to be a way to do this, as I know I have seen the effect before… Just a bit more complicated than I thought… =)

Cheers!
-Niann

any kind of company u will get it http://usautolighting.com

My bad. I was drunk when i wrote that message. You can find example pictures of any cars on this site: Car Headlights.