Cell Shading Tutorial

Someone asked me a while ago to do this, and now I finally have. :slight_smile: I’ve written a quick little tutorial for my website on how I colour my vector art… Here’s the link if you’re interested:

http://www.nowingsnohalo.co.uk/gallery/tute_cellshading.htm

Note the shameless self promotion there by me. :slight_smile: I’ll be writing some more, hopefully, on how to actually draw the anime in the first place…

Very nice and useful, good job!

I like the tute! Nice site too!

Wow kit, you’re just on a roll lately with all this good stuff. =)

nice tute kit!

Thanks peeps. :slight_smile: I think I’m having a surge of inspiration or something recently. I’m unusually motivated. :stuck_out_tongue:

very nice~ i cant wait till that drawing tut!

I’m working on it. :slight_smile:

What do people want to know about how to draw anime?

um… everything, ta :wink:

Do something on head shapes and stuff… and proportions… that seems to get people a lot

proportions are easy. BODIES!!!

my problem with anime is getting the head right :slight_smile: somehow it always ends up looking goofy :). got only one pic that worked out but i never worked it out as i always seem to mess up the inkting as well :).

Coloring i can do i did the coloring of some guys pics on another forum once which looked ok imo :sure: but since i rarely do line art there is no coloring for me to do ;).

Like the tut kit, i used a totally different approach last time i colored a piece of line art so it’s nice to see the way other ppl work.

So basically it’s everything ? :stuck_out_tongue: Heads, badies, faces, hair… :slight_smile:

lol seems so :slight_smile:

Doh… Alright then. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**um… everything, ta :wink: **
cough

Working on them now!