Complex problem with loadMovie -Urgent help require please

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]Complex prolem on loadMovie[/font][/size][/left]
[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I am facing a complex problem on loading a movie clip into another movie clip[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Elaborated. [/font][/size]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]I have a main.swf file and a web.swf file… Now my problem is not loading a movie clip into another move clip but problem in targeting. [/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]In my main.swf on the button I wrote a small AS. [/font][/size][/left]

on (realease) {

[left]loadMovie (“web.swf”,"_root.container");[/left]
[left]}[/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]Well that helps me to load the movie… [/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]And[/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]In web.swf file I have cupple of buttons [/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]And on each button I have some AS. Such as [/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]On btn 1. [/font][/size][/left]

[left] [/left]
[left]on (realease) { [/left]

[left]loadMovie (“software.swf”,"_root.loadmovie"); [/left]
[left]}[/left]

[left] [/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]On btn 2. [/font][/size][/left]

[left]on (realease) { [/left]
[left]loadMovie (“ebuseness.swf”,"_root.loadmovie");[/left]
[left]}[/left]

[left] [/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]The main problem me facing is with the main.swf. its load the web.swf properly but after loading the movie the web.swf doesn’t work . each time I click on button its gives the following error[/font][/size][/left]

[left] [/left]

[left]Target not found: Target="_root.loadmovie" Base="_level0.load.movie.instance30.instance31"[/left]

[left] [/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]But by itself web.swf is working properly[/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=Times New Roman]Please help[/font][/size][/left]

Sounds to me like your trying to control the main movie from within the external movie. If your trying to load external movies into a container clip thats fine, but you need to have the buttons to load other external swfs into this clip on the main movie, not the external movie.

Regards,

No dude, i am trying control the external movie from the main movie but its seems that _root command doesnt work on external movie clip. the main movie load the external movie ( that works fine ). External movie work itself fine too… but the external also have load another external movie there goes the problem
:frowning: . it doest work on main.swf and give error output

take a look at this:

thank you dude. thats wat exartly i was lookin for :slight_smile: