Custom/Masked preloader

I want to make a percentage preloader where the ‘bar’ can take the shape of anything. I’m sure we’ve all seen the kind where a logo ‘fills up’ with the bar. I would love to make one! Any ideas? Thanks!! :red:

Just mask the bar with your logo.

*Originally posted by eki *
**Just mask the bar with your logo. **

Sure, but I’m using Kirupa’s preloader componant and it seems hard to get into and change. Would you recommend I make my own preloader from scratch? If so could you point me where to get a good tutorial which doesn’t use components?

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/percentagepreloader.htm

yes, we have it all! And if we don’t have something, let us know… because then we’ll add it!

ALL, I say, ALL!!!

*Originally posted by Jimbob *
**Sure, but I’m using Kirupa’s preloader componant and it seems hard to get into and change. Would you recommend I make my own preloader from scratch? If so could you point me where to get a good tutorial which doesn’t use components? **

Thanks Eki, this one uses a component I think though. Hmm…

You’re welcome :beam:

The tutorial from that link doesn’t use a component but if you want to use the component just edit the bar so it’s as tall as your logo and mask the whole component with the logo

SHO

Hey Eki,

I’m about to try it all out, although I’ve just opened the simplepreloaderbar.fla and it definately has a component, itself named simplepreloader.

What’s the deal with components then?

I’m gonna monkey with it right now, I’ll let you know how I get on!

Cheers!

Hi,

I’ve just knocked out an example. Have a look or use it as it is. I mask a component.
You can alter the width and height of the bar by changing the values of the variables lWidth1 and lHeight1 which are in the layer2 ‘inside’ the component.

SHO

Hey Eki,

Thanks so much!

After seeing what you’ve done I tried it on my own fla. but it just wasn’t showing up. I then copied/pasted your frames into mine and it works great.

One thing though, it seems that the text is only in black. I selected it, wrote a different word and changed the text but it stays black. should that happen?

change the colour of the bar from the (selected) component parameters in the properties pane:beam: :beam: