Customizing Scrollbars in MX

I was wondering how you can edit the scrollbars in Flash MX besides color and stuff… I wanted to give them a whole new look (the scroller and up+down buttons)

How would I do this?

I would like to know how to do this also.

you could look at the actual components in your library. expand the folders and alter the different states of each symbol. or just make your own scroll and buttons and use AS.

I just figured that out also. Just drop your component on the stage and then right-click and say edit in place. Then hit F11 and you will see a library of all the buttons and stuff. Yippie, customization time.

use AS for what? cant i just make new ones an implement them into the original scrollbar design somehow?

Thanks

*Originally posted by TaylorTAP *
**I just figured that out also. Just drop your component on the stage and then right-click and say edit in place. Then hit F11 and you will see a library of all the buttons and stuff. Yippie, customization time. **

Drop what component on what stage? wheres this all at? :blush:

Flash Noob

i meant use as to control the scrolling content.

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20065&perpage=15&highlight=scroll%20button%20mc&pagenumber=1

Oh k. You know the components window?
(that is where you get the component from)

Click and drag the scroll bar onto the stage (stage is a term for the area that is visible when you compile your FLA , it looks white with a black background on it). Once you have dragged it onto the ‘stage’ you will see the little scroll bar. From there, right-click on it and say Edit In Place. After that, hit the F11 key and another window will appear with a folder, expand that folder out and look at the different images in there. Once, you find the image you want to edit then right-click on it and choose edit.

I hope this helps you find your way.

yeah, thanks alot Taylor :slight_smile:

what if i made my own scrollers? is there a directory i can place them in do that i can implement them into the scroller itself?

Just go into the already made ones and delete them and then draw your own.

Thanks