Design battle anyone?

Hey everyone. I first suggested gizmodo for the logo redo. I didn’t mean that I hated their logo, just that they didn’t really seem to have one. I don’t cringe everytime I go to that site, i just noticed a lack of an iconic symbol, thats all.

defintely, and why I thought it would be a good candidate, as its now creation not improvment

Hey John,

I think it’s a great idea! I used to be a graphic designer in a past life; I’m even familiar with Kirupa (used to get great Flash tips from there).

Now we’re totally happy with our current logos and design – I want to say that up front; I love the work Patric King has done – but I think it could be a really fun project to do, just because design in general is not nearly as far removed from gadgetry and the like as you’d think.

Tell you what, get the details of the battle into the thread and I’ll even throw in a prize for the winner (not quite sure what, yet; I’ll have to dig through my stuff here and see what we’ve got). Then we’ll put up a link and story on Gizmodo and try to get some more people involved!

Joel

wow didnt expect a response like that!

yeah, sweet

nice work by the way muted

very good things tend to happen when you do what is right. Good job Muted.

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/design-contest-win-a-jetaudio-iaudio-m3-20gb-hard-disk-player-018370.php

ok this just got crazy!..now you can win a jet audio 20gb mp3 player!!!

I will have to take this a bit more seriously…hope you wont mind me pulling down my initial post given their will likely be a helllll of alot more competion coming through I imagine with a post on their site!

hey guys count me in ive free’d up alot of stuff cause i just moved out so ill be posting soon. if thats ok.

I’d also like to join in the contest.

Count me in (is this enough to participate in this contes?)

Is this a US residents only contest? I’m from Portugal, Europe.

Only one entry per user? are color variants accepted?
how do we propose an entry? posting it here?

I’ll give it a shot. Could someone clarify how exactly this works for those of us who are newbies to the site?

This isnt my contest but I am pretty sure anyone can join and all you have to do is come up with a logo design for gizmodo though I have a question for muted there should be like a limit on entries per person i have been on other forums where people post tons of different versions which is fine but kind of gives them an advantage.

Okay what i am going to recommend that for this one we set a limit. Somethign reasonable. Now that there is a prize involved this could get quite unorganized. I can make a contest page off of my site for the entries. This will add a little organization. That is if Muted does not mind the help.

Muted check your PM

I might give this a shot.

dj, I think we are going to be setting a threshold on this one. So we definates in or outs. The now viewing went from 6 to 98 (now ‘93 guests’) in one refresh.

I am definitely interested. I think maybe a limit of 3 or 5 logos would be a good idea. I definitely want to know the limit before I post one.

[SIZE=2]ONE LOGO BUT YOU ARE OPEN TO DIFFERENT COLOR TREATMENTS THIS IS A BATTLE PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR COMPLETE RULES.[/SIZE]
Kamalot this is a battle not a free for all. And you can only make one submission. I am waiting for Muted to reply so we can add some organization to this before it gets wild. Please remove one of your entries or I will remove the second entry.

Im totaly in!