Does everything work?

HA! And his example is a trout!!!

Hmm, I hit the ā€˜rebuild HTMLā€™ button on your post and it shows up now.

One of the things that could be better is the header! Unless more stuff at work explodes, Iā€™m hoping to get the differences in appearance between the main site and the forums normalized in some fashion tomorrow :silly:

Haha!

It looks pretty but itā€™s confusing the heck out of me. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get used to it and love it. Now to figure out how to reply to 3 month old private messagesā€¦

As along as weā€™re on the topic of things working, I keep getting some server error (500), whatever that isā€¦

I just did a server restart, but something tells me it is related to a ā€œdisk spaceā€ issue I saw an error about. Your missing avatar image seems to confirm that has something to do with all this.

Welcome! I would just read the old message of vBkF and reply here.

It shouldnā€™t, since the import script didnā€™t attempt to move avatars. But apparently almost every time we rebuild the container, it keeps the old one around, and those were 1.6GB each. So I delete a bunch of those and reclaimed some space.

The 500 errors were due to database timeouts, last time I checked yesterday afternoon. I restart fixes things temporarily, but it could be that the image thing was related to that. Weā€™ll see.

I went ahead and posted a question on the Discourse forums: https://meta.discourse.org/t/constant-500-internal-server-errors/21859

Letā€™s see what suggestions they have :slight_smile:

Once the server issues are fixed, this is extremely cool: http://eviltrout.com/2014/01/22/embedding-discourse.html

I will slowly start replacing all of the Disqus comments with the embeddable discourse comments instead. This way we will have one set of ā€œcommentsā€ as opposed to the two we have today - Disqus and Discourse (and vBulletin).

Well, unless Iā€™m mistaken, swapping back to the old emojis might have fixed thingsā€¦ So thereā€™s that.

:hamburger: ā€¦ I guess the other posts above would have to be rebuilt to fix them?

[edit] Yup, I rebuilt the first one and that cleaned it up [/edit]

You can just refresh your cache, too, I believe. The rendered HTML is just an img tag, and by restoring the old emoji set the formerly broken hamburger image links are now unbroken.

They werenā€™t/arenā€™t broken links. It was the :hambĆ¼rger: text. I only rebuilt one, you can probably see the others above yourself.

Oh, I suppose that if you used a non-working emoji during few-day window when we switched to the new/old kF smiles, then itā€™d be broken now. But it wouldnā€™t have shown up when you posted it, either.

If you used one of the Discourse emojis before I added the old smilies, and I didnā€™t rebuild your post then, then the emoji will now show up again, like in this thread: Descender-aware link underlines

We just got our first set of spammers earlier today! If that isnā€™t a sign that things are working well, I donā€™t know what else is haha!

I spent some tweaking the various styles and other things to make the place fit better with the main site. The most noticeable thing is that the header is back :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooooo now Discourse has official support for custom smilies. I tried adding our kF ones back, but it crashed/stopped accepting them after adding about 6 of them. So enjoy those until that fixes itself. :sure:

I need that AA battery smiley back!

Hmm. Does it mean that at this rate, in about 4 years, weā€™ll have all of our smilies appearing properly? :stuck_out_tongue:

On a separate note, moving the forums to a server with more RAM seems to have slowed down the initial load time further. Iā€™ve gone ahead and posted a question about that here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/executing-action-latest-taking-a-long-time/24256

:smile: