drawAPI question

I’m curious, can I have more than one line (different styles) laying over each other, controlled by one mouse event? I hope that’s clear…what i’m looking to do is add some depth to the line that is drawn by the user…this seems like it sould be the easiest if it is possible. I’ve tried duplicating the “line” object but whatever one is last in the script ends up on top by itself.

thanks

Sounds simple. You mean like this

You might also want to look into [COLOR=blue]lineStyle()[/COLOR].

thanks
Are there parameters of [COLOR=blue]LineStyle()[/COLOR] other than thickness, color & alpha? See the problem is I need to see the lines below the line on top, with different colors, alphas.

The [COLOR=blue]lineStyle()[/COLOR] looks flexible - although I must admit I haven’t had to use it. If you read about it’s uses in the reference - SHIFT+F1, then go to index and lookup [COLOR=blue]lineStyle()[/COLOR] - you might find something that will help. If not, post again.

You can create a clip for each line and then stack them with swapDepths.

You can also check the AS tricks section, maybe you’ll find something interesting…

pom :asian:

I’ve never used swapdepths…is there anything special i should know about it?

thanks a whole lot…i think i’m moving in the right direction.

You can find a tutorial here but there are a couple of mistakes. Basically, this x=0 and then x=x+2 are wrong. Just stack at the depth you want, high stack is on top, low stack at the bottom. You can also put negative depths.

pom :asian:

Does The swap Depth tutorial work in Flash 5. I want to use it and I was just wondering before I start a whole bunch of work and can’t finish becasue I use 5.

lineStyle just sets the style of the line…i have a thing here that generates a random line style… :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by sintax321 *
**Does The swap Depth tutorial work in Flash 5. I want to use it and I was just wondering before I start a whole bunch of work and can’t finish becasue I use 5. **
You’re using Flash 5?!?!?! In that case you can forget the drawing API, syntax. But yes, swapDepths works with Flash 5 (it is written in the AS dictionary by the way, under availability).

pom

has it always made things like lineStyle() blue? cause that works well…hehe

hrmm gues not… [COLOR=blue]lineStyle()[/COLOR]
heh thats better…