Driver nightmares

So i went out a bought a pc today, and i’m very happy with the processor, etc. but, it had xp home on it, so i formatted it and installed xp pro. but, when i did that i lost all of my drivers for video, audio, modem, everything (well, not quite). So, i’ve been searching high and low for drivers, especially for sound.

all that i’ve been able to determine about the sound card on my computer is that it is ‘integrated audio’.

I’d appreciate any help anyone can give me.

thx :slight_smile:

Well thats not going to help anyone much. To find out what your installed sound card is by going to the system information (Start>Control Panel>Performance>System). Next, click the hardware tab and select Device Manager. When you open Device Manager, go to Sound, video and game controllers and open the cross. You should see the listed drivers of your sound card with the manufacturer’s name and driver version. Or you can go to start>run and type “dxdiag”. Now what I want to ask you is why in the first place did you go and change to XP Pro for? Personal taste? Tell me your computer specs as well.

If it’s integrated audio, the drivers’ll come with your motherboard drivers. If not, then XP should have it already.

Yeh, if the card was separate, you would have got the drivers with it ie. if you had soundblaster 5.1

i’ve fixed it… turns out that it was some weird little off brand of onboard sound… so i found my mobo site and just downloaded it from there… (it’s an asus mobo btw)…

my specs are dun dun dun

2.0ghz AMD 64 3200+ || 512mb ram || 200gb DMA hdd || nvidia 5200fx || asus mobo

as i said, i’ve fixed it… i wanted xp pro just b/c it’s what on the other computer, so… but it turns out it would’ve been easier just to uninstall the 6gb of junk that was installed on it… but then it wouldn’t have been pro… so…

oh well, it’s worth it in the long run.

thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

peace :p: