Dynamic text doesn't show

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to make text disappear and appear letter by letter, so i’m using dynamic text. I’ve made this code which should do this, the only problem is that the text won’t show up. I used trace to check what does the dynamic text box contains after the code has done it’s job and it contains what it should. So I don’t really understand where the problem is.
I’ve embeded all the lowercase letters since I’m only using those… I don’t know what else to add here… except the code offcourse:

if (_root.butonselectat<>"")
{
    stop();
    if ((_root.terminat) and (_root.butonselectat<>_root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text))
    {
        var t:String=_root.butonselectat;
        var n:Number=length(t);
        if (_root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text<>"")
        {
            for (var i:Number = 0; i < _root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text; i++)
            {
                _root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text.slice(0,1);
            }
        }
        for (var i:Number = 0; i < n; i++)
        {
            _root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text=_root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text+t.slice(0,1);
            t=t.substr(0,length(t));
            trace(_root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text);t=t.substr(1,length(t));
        }
        _root.instSite.instTexteAntet.instRubrica.instTextRubrica.text=_root.butonselectat;
        _root.terminat=false;
    }
    gotoAndPlay("2");
}

Ignore all the “ifs” they just make the code do it’s job when it should. And it seems that they work correctly. The first “for” cycle removes the text letter by letter and it only works if there is some text in the dynamic textbox while the second “for” adds the text letter by letter. I have the same code on two keyframes in the first layer and the the dynamic textbox on the second layer with only one keyframe.
I hope I’ve been clear enough.