Embeded font problem

Hello, friends. I am struggling on one problem that when I embeded the font of the textfield, I am able to rotate that dynamic textfield by clicking a button

on (release) {
_root.text._rotation++;
}

But I cannot changed the font any more.

Then when changed the embeded font to none, I am able to select from the combo box for font face and able to show it on the output textfield.

How can I make both of them work? Thanks if you have any suggestion! Wait for your reply!!

Go to properties on the text field, click on Characters. There, you have the option to include your font when exporting. Not sure if thats exactly what your looking for though.

Hi, yes, if I do that , I can rotate. But no longer I can get other font face from my combo box for the output textfield. It seems only Arial which is default can be shown. That is my problem.

If I don’t choose that option, it seems I cannot rotate the textfield. When I click the button for rotation, the text on the textfield disppear immediately. Do u have some idea about it ?

Senocular answered this question yesterday… :sigh:
http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32421

hello, I have tried that . And it can be rotated in this case. But isn’t it the font face which is chosen will be remebered and never changed.

Because ,I also have a combo box for choosing font face from it and apply it on the output textfield.
onClipEvent(Load) {
labels=new Array();
labels=TextField.getFontList();
labels.sort();
for(i=0;i<labels.length;i++) {
addItem(labels*,labels*);
}

}

Before I embed the font, I can see clearly the font change on the output. Then after I embed the font, only arial can show on the textfield. If I choose another font face, the text disappear immediately. That is what I am troubled with. Do u have any experiece with this. Thanks again!!

That’s exactly the problem! You can’t.

You’ll only be able to rotate the font embedded in the movie; if you choose a different font, Flash will use the device font, which you can’t rotate. :-\

Yes, you are right. That is the problem. And I am supposed to have both of these two effects. :q: OK, thanks again! Just let it be… Regards!

Sorry I wasn’t of much help… but there’s nothing you can do about it. :frowning:

Well, you could embed all the fonts into the movie, but I don’t think that’s an option…

Thanks for your help. I think maybe I can choose certain amount of font faces and embed them in to the movie,Although it will enlarge the size. Do u have some idea how to embed multiple faces then ?

I think don’t think there’s a way to embed multiple fonts at once, if that’s what you’re asking.

I’d simply create dummy TextFields (an empty TextField outside of the Stage) to embed the fonts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello, thanks for your idea. But I have no idea about that dummy … Could u explain a little bit more? I need to embed multiple font faces, so that when I rotate the textfield, the text stays there no matter which font face I chose.

And the situation now is only I can rotate the one which have that specific font face embed. No others.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32004. :wink: