Flaevo
April 10, 2006, 1:59pm
1
So to explain
I have backFootage.swf it has two movie clips inside of it one instanced named to blur, and once instanced named to reg. It has no actions at all. The stage has the two movie clips dropped on it in different layers and each has been instance named
in loader.swf I have this in the actionscripting
this.createEmptyMovieClip("backFootage", 2);
backFootage.loadMovie("backFootage.swf");
Now using the debugger it the objects lists look like this
_level0-
_level0.backFootage
_level0.backFootage.blur
_level0.backFootage.reg
When I use
backFootage.reg._x = 100;
It doesn’t work, I think I’m having a cross-swf problem here but does anyone know a solution? Thanks
So to explain
I have backFootage.swf it has two movie clips inside of it one instanced named to blur, and once instanced named to reg. It has no actions at all. The stage has the two movie clips dropped on it in different layers and each has been instance named
in loader.swf I have this in the actionscripting
this.createEmptyMovieClip("backFootage", 2);
backFootage.loadMovie("backFootage.swf");
Now using the debugger it the objects lists look like this
_level0-
_level0.backFootage
_level0.backFootage.blur
_level0.backFootage.reg
When I use
backFootage.reg._x = 100;
It doesn’t work, I think I’m having a cross-swf problem here but does anyone know a solution? Thanks
you need to wait until it loads.Try something like this
this.createEmptyMovieClip("backFootage", 2);
backFootage.loadMovie("backFootage.swf");
this.onEnterFrame = function() {
if (backFootage._width) {
backFootage.reg._x = 100;
delete this.onEnterFrame;
}
};
Flaevo
April 10, 2006, 2:24pm
3
hmm I’m testing it on my own machine though and it should load instantly no?
I’ll try that just a minute
Flaevo
April 10, 2006, 2:25pm
4
it works, crazy I thought since I was testing locally it would be instant! thanks
Flaevo
April 11, 2006, 2:33am
6
duplicateMovieClip(_root.container, "backContainer", _root.d++);
backContainer.loadMovie("backFootage.swf");
backContainer.onEnterFrame = function () {
backContainer.totalBytes = backContainer.getBytesTotal();
trace(backContainer.totalBytes);
backContainer.blur._x = 100;
delete backContainer.onEnterFrame;
}
Should that not work as well? It seems to not be :(. I’m trying to use identifiers rather than stacking properties with this.