Finding instances with instance names and there locations

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I’m working on a site that I received from a co-worker and it’s done with AS2 and the code and instance names are all over the place and it’s really hard for me to follow the code path to change things. I know how to track down what frames and elements have actions through the actions panel but what kind of stumping me is how to find instances with instance names on the stage that are scattered all over the instances that make up the movie.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Is there a way to get a log of what instances have instance names attached to them and where they are located in the timeline? [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thx u for the help[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]John[/SIZE][/FONT]

Press Alt+F3 to bring up the movie explorer.

Thx I got the window open the instance has an instance name of “animation” how do I go about finding it using this window?

Thx for the quick reply

JT

Double click the name.

First off thx u sooo much Can for your help

I’m trying to track down the what this code means and where its pointing in the movie

_root.link=1;
_root.animation=“true”;

its on the fist frame of a movie clip name “alpah_site” that is placed on the main time line with in the alpah site instance the whole site is built.

Do you think they might be varables?

I know its not alot to go on but it might help.

Thx

John