Fireworks effect

I have a square logo which I would like to manipulate so that it looks as if it was created in the sky by fireworks! Any ideas on how to do this? Iā€™ve tried multiple filters and stuff in photoshop, but it doesnā€™t look like much! I have mountains in the background I above the mountains in the sky I want to distort the logo so that it appears as if it is forming from the fireworks being shot up into the sky!

My suggestion is you airbrush it.

My suggestion is you airbrush it.

??? What do you mean?

they are suggesting you do it with the airbrush toolā€¦ i.e kinda draw the fireworks by hand ( i think). Thereā€™s not really a filter which just does it for you, i guess you could work with a series of steps to create something which looks a bit like it, but it would probably look best if you just drew it yourself.

I mean exactly what I said :wink:

Get a picture of some fireworks, put it next to an empty template and start airbrushing. Look at the lighting, shapes, etc. You canā€™t expect PS to do everything for you, youā€™re gonna have to get your hands dirty on this one.

HAha! Unfortunately Iā€™m not an artist so airbrushing is not going to work for me! :stuck_out_tongue: But Iā€™m not quite sure that you understand what I want to do!

I have a logo which is 2x2cm and I want to make this logo appear in the sky as if it had been done by fireworks! Writing in the sky type of thing! Iā€™ve distorted the logo using the free transform tool but Iā€™m not sure how to make the ā€œappeear in the sky by fireworksā€ bit!!

I understand what you want to do. Iā€™ve done it and airbrushing is the best way to go. If you really want you can try a halftone, then apply some brush filters, and knock out some of the black, add some glow, duplicating using different layer styles to get the glows, changing opacities, etc.

Simplistik can I get your email address so that I can send you the file Iā€™m working on? You can PM me if you want! I would appreciate it!