Flash CS3 Video Components

[FONT=Calibri]I’m trying to build my own video player in Flash (CS3). I thought it would be convenient to use the components that are already available in Flash (the ones used in FLVPlayback, i.e. “PlayButton”, “Seekbar”, …), but I have som problems with that…[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]First of all, if I drag the components onto my stage, they are all dead. They don’t respond to any interaction such as clicks or mouse over. Of course, I don’t expect them to do anything to my video player, but shouldn’t the visual apperance change? For example, shouldn’t the buttons change a bit when I hover over them? You know like the ordinary “Button” component do? Or do I have to activate that behavior in some way?[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Secondly, how can I work with these components in my code? I’m using a document class, and I can reach the components by their name, but I don’t know which classes/types they are of. Sure, I could just store the references in variables of type Sprite, but aren’t there specific classes tied to each component?[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Hope you can help me! :)[/FONT]