Flash MX Analogue Time Zone Clock

Hi,

I need some help trying to build a Time Zone clock using Flash MX/5.0. Is it possible to build a clock so no matter where the site page is being accessed the user is able to see the correct times for other time zones, e.g. London, New York, Dubai, etc.

I would welcome any help!! Thanks in advance.

Novice User.

Sure… there is a mean time in Flash. Do you know how to use the Date object already?

www.kirupa.com/developer/…/clock.asp

check out this tutorial by…me! it displays the correct time anywhere because it takes the time off of the users system. and then puts that information into flash and displays the time…here ya go…if you need any help then post…

“…no matter where the site page is being accessed the user is able to see the correct times for other time zones…”
was the ?, not the users comp time!

I guess you’d have to find a way to make the user select their time zone, and set a variable according to that, different value for each zone, and based on that, calculate the offset for the zone (s) you want to display. Makes sense?

ohhhh, for other time zones. lol…didn’t read it all the way through…gotta start doin that…

www.flashkit.com/movies/I…ndex.shtml

maybe with a little tweak…at least you got the basics…

Well, unless you’ve got predefined timezones that you want to show… in which case you just find out the time according to GMT, (there’s a function in the date object for that.) and then subtract or add hours based upon which ones you want to show.