Flash, PHP, MySQL Shoutbox

Ok I went and used a different tutorial now from Pixel2Life, I got everything working and did everything right from the tutorial but I’m having a problem when I want to send the message. I get this error after I click on send. can someone please help me out, hopefully somebody knows about some php or mySQL cause I’m rather new to both, also here is the link to the tutorial
http://www.pixel2life.com/publish/tutorial…ql_php_and_xml/
so someone can go through and see where I went wrong.
Here is the error message.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/m/i/k/mikenificent/html/hipstep/post.php on line 2

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/m/i/k/mikenificent/html/hipstep/post.php on line 3

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/m/i/k/mikenificent/html/hipstep/post.php on line 3

Warning: mysql_query(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock’ (2) in /home/content/m/i/k/mikenificent/html/hipstep/post.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/m/i/k/mikenificent/html/hipstep/post.php on line 8