Flash ui components (combo box)

i have a combo box with 23 items or so in it. i have the names displaying and i have the change handler set to “selected”

i need to figure out the click handler and associated actionscript to put with it to make the movie go where i want it to when an item is selected

eg.

on(press){
map.gotoAndStop(3);
}

but i don’t know where to put that code or if thats all i need to put. each item in the list will obviously have a different place to go.

thanks in advance for your help

if you chose selected as your function name. That is okay, but I will use OnChange as the change handler just to avoid confusing others. You can do this…

onChange=function(fcombobox){
getUrl(mycombo.getselecteditem().data);

}

the .data corresponds to the data items in your combo box, you can make each one of those point to a different page.

Hope that helps.

it does help tremendously but i don’t understand how i put data in the data field of the combo box’s component variables that tells it to play a certain frame of a certain symbol / instance.

is there a more thorough listing of how to use a combobox that you know of b/c i don’t want to take up all your time with my questions since i really still don’t understand

thanks