Flash won't load

Hello all:

I am trying to get a few Mac users to check out this site I am working on. I am getting complaints from a few Mac users that the flash on the page won’t load. I am trying to narrow down where the problem is. They say they are not seeing the flash movie, but sometimes white blocks??? The complaints are on two machines with both OS 9 and OS10 and use different browsers.

Please provide me with some feedback …

www.johnsoninnovations.com

Thanks all …

Kevin,

make sure they’ve got the latest flash.

//omg it’s been so long since i’ve heard spoken french… :love:

Also make sure that both OBJECT and EMBED tags are present.

Hello:

HTML code for this flash movie as follows (everything seems in order, no?):

<object classid=“clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000” codebase=“http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0” width=“768” height=“600” id=“j_load_en” align=“middle”>
<param name=“allowScriptAccess” value=“sameDomain” />
<param name=“movie” value=“j_load_en.swf” />
<param name=“quality” value=“high” />
<param name=“bgcolor” value="#cfcfcf" />
<embed src=“j_load_en.swf” quality=“high” bgcolor="#cfcfcf" width=“768” height=“600” name=“j_load_en” align=“middle” allowScriptAccess=“sameDomain” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” pluginspage=“http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer” />
</object>

I’m about 99% sure it’s something wrong on their machine, and that your SWF and HTML are completely fine. Tell your Mac-loving friends to update their browsers and plugins. :wink:

I’m using a mac and I have everything up to date and it works for me… except your preloader… It just stays at zero for a while then another loader comes up saying loading content… not sure if thats right or not but hey thought you should know…

J

Works like a charm (OS 10.2.8/Safari)=)

scotty(-:

Works fine on OS 10.3.4 Safari & IE5. Its just for a split second that I see two big white blocks to the left and right of the screen even before the preloader. Like I said, its a split second, if I blinked I’d miss it. Im on cable by the way, with the latest flash player.