[Flash8] random image scroll assistance needed

I’m a designer, not a coder, so I seriously don’t even know where to start and I’m looking for lots of hand holding here! :slight_smile:
Have uploaded an image to help illustrate my point(s):

ok - so here’s what I need to do:

1. The entire site cannot be flash - just the horizontal scroll under the main image.
  2. The scroll needs to move continuously from left to right, but also needs a “fast forward” button if viewers want to speed up or skip through.
  3. The scroll needs to randomly select images from all images folders and display them
    3a. onClick on one of those images, the main image needs to change to display the full pic that the clicked thumbnail represents (possibly in an iframe?)
  4. As you go into each section (nav between scroll and main pics), the scroll needs to change to randomly select pics from only that section’s folder
    4a. onClick on one of those images, the main image needs to change to display the full pic that the clicked thumbnail represents (possibly in an iframe?)

Then there are fun little spanners in the works like the client wants his pics rt-click protected (but I figure I’ll use bg images for that with a tranparent gif overlay) and then there’s always the “what happens if the viewer doesn’t have the (latest) flash plugin” question.

I seriously don’t even know where to start - the site’s to be hosted on a php/MySQL enabled apache box, and I have a php coder who can help me a bit, but he knows as much about Flash as I know about PHP - not a good combination!

Any help would be hugely appreciated …