I have a class that extends MovieClip to load images. In it, I attach an existing movie that acts as a border around the image, and create a MovieClipLoader clip to actually load the JPEG.
One of the things I have in the class is some code like this:
clip.onRelease = function() {
...
}
where I handle clicks on the image. One thing I want to do is rotate the image itself when the user clicks on it, so I tried something like this in the above onRelease function:
var theClip = scope.clip;
trace("rotation = " + theClip._rotation);
new mx.transitions.Tween(theClip, "_rotation", mx.transitions.easing.Strong.easeInOut, 0, 5, 1, true);
but the Tween is being completed ignored. But if I do something simple like:
theClip._rotation = 5;
the image/clip rotates as expected, but obviously without any smooth tweening.
Is there anything “special” I have to do to get my Tween to actually work in this scenario?