"form submissions" in flash...How?

Hi,

I’ve searched the site and wasn’t able to find a tutorial on how to be able to submit forms.
You know how you can get the users name and email and a nice submit button to submit the stuff.

I would love to know how to do that…any tutorials, examples ? plz help.

thanks…

It functions just like any non-flash form - use PHP or ASP or CGI. Try creating a simple form, here’s a tutorial: www.flashkit.com/tutorial…ndex.shtml

Maybe that will give you an idea.

Thanks alot rennaissancegirl…i got it :slight_smile:

I found another really good one too…just for everyone else who wants to know, here is the link
www.flashkit.com/tutorial…ndex.shtml

It gives details for flash 5, using perl, php and asp

Renn-
You wouldn’t happen to know how to make a site search engine in Dreamweaver would you? Or at all? It is one of the last little projects I need to do for my site before I publish it.

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

Head… exploding… no Phil, I don’t know… I’ve never tried it.

I would prefer to do it in ASP…you may try to go to:

www.aspin.com

Then search for “Search Engine” or something…im sure you will find something there bud :wink:

Element-
My new host doesn’t support ASP. Do you know of a non-asp search engine that I might be able to find?

thanks-
pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

use php to build your engine or if not that u could build a cgi script

I don’t know how cgi scripts work, but with php, you’ll have to put your texts in a database :smiley: . At least that’s the way I did it.

pom 0]

No ASP? Ouch, well…try to do it in php then. I dont program in php much so I cant give you any guide lines for that, but I will answer any questions you have though.