Frames help

hi, i need help with frames. Say i have a page called windowstips.html, and someone comes to my page from a search engine to windowstips.html , how do i get the page to come in frames rather than just the one page windowstips.html ?? is this is hard to do is there an alternative because the pages dont have navigation…the frames do and without frames its simply one page!

PS. How do i get the description to come up beneath the web pages when i do a search?

windowtips.html should be your frameset if you want that page to open in frames…However, I would use a redirect page so that the search engines will find it correctly…

Most of us try to not use frames, if at all possible… :evil: they are full of problems.

The description comes from the meta tag inserted in the head of the doc.

Rev

:elderly:

ok i’m not sure i understand…there a bunch of pages and not only windowstips.html , that was just an example. How do i do what you are suggesting i do? you are also saying frames are no good…why?

search engines have a difficult time reading frames… to explain you will have to understand how frames work. there is a page which holds the info that the rest of the pages reside in…

there are a ton of tutorials out there…

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/frames.asp

is just one of them…

Rev:elderly: