From Flash 5 to MX HELP!

Why if I open a flash 5 movie on MX and try to use the scroller on it,it won’t work? I saved the movie as MX later on but it still didn’t work! I did the same thing with a newly created MX document and the scroller worked fine. This is not another retarded “Text Scroller” question. Please can somebody HELP ME???

Remember flash Mx scrool bar component only works on Dynamic text. Click on the actural text box look at its Properties on the bottom of the screen, in the top left of the properties is a capital “A” next to a drop down menu. Click the drop down menu and change the type of text from “static” or “input” to Dynamic. :asian:

That’s the thing that when I start from scratch on MX my scroller works perfectly fine. I know all the steps to create a scroller is just when I open a Flash 5 movie through Flash MX then my scroller won’t work. I thought that once you open a Flash 5 on MX and save it as MX then everything would be supported by the program. So the question is: How can I get a flash 5 movie to be able to use MX Components once the movie is saved as MX?

If you have the text box set to dynamic text and the “snap” on, then I am also lost on what is wrong.

*Originally posted by respeto86 *
**So the question is: How can I get a flash 5 movie to be able to use MX Components once the movie is saved as MX? **
And the answer is: the way you normally would. If something’s not working, then you must be doing something wrong. Do you have any code that might cause an error to happen?

pom :cyclops:

Okay,this will outline what exactly I have done.

1)I created a Flash 5 movie
2)I opened my Flash 5 movie on Flash MX
3)I tried using MX Components (scroll bar) on my flash 5 movie but it didn’t work
4)I saved my flash 5 movie as a flash MX movie
5)I tried using the scroll bar but it says Flash 5 does not support it,even though I resaved the movie as a Flash MX
6)I Know all the steps to make a scroll bar work,that’s not the problem here. I’ve been able to create scroll bars when I start from Scratch on MX.
7)The problem is with a flash 5 movie opened on Flash MX.
8)Can somebody help me?
9)Thank You.