The scrollbar of flash mx

i a’ve been tried to give my dinamic text with a scollbar componennts from flash mx. but after i test my movie the scrollber didn’t work. anyone can help me ?

:-\ :o :bandit: :asian:

[swf=“http://mahasiswa.if.itb.ac.id/~if11082/lorong.swf height=200 width=400”][/swf]:ninja:

post your movie or your code and I’ll take a look at it.

There are 200 threads on this forum about scrollbars, plus 2 tutorials for MX and 1 tutorial for F5. How much you want to bet that the answer is there?

pom :asian:

make ur stage the size u want make a text box big so it can fit lots of text in it name the instance “scroller” drag the scrolbar component onto the text box inthe first keyframe add this to your actions

loadText = new loadVars();
loadText.load(“kirupa.txt”);
//creating the loadVarsText function
loadText.onLoad = function() {
scroller.text = this.kirupatext;
};

where it says kiupa.txt change it to the name of ur file

then i your text fle press enter at the top and enter the name of the file e.g. kirupa= and then uar dun upload it all to the server and abracadabra

-Tom

heheeheh… That’s funny, POM. You know, that is exactly the reason why I suggested the FAQ or the try this first, section!

Oh, I haven’t seen that. But it’s definitely a good idea. There should be AT LEAST something about preloaders, instance names and scrollbars :stuck_out_tongue:

pom :asian: