Fruitcake?

I know some of you hate fruitcake and maybe a few of you don’t. I personally love it. But what eludes me is why so many people don’t like it. What do you particularly like/hate about fruitcake?

I bring this up because there is currently one sitting on my dining room table.

i dont like it for several reasons:
the texture is icky IMO
its way too sweet for me. i prefer natural sweetness in fruit or something to cakes and candies and such in general, so something sooo sweet makes my toes curl
i dont like dried fruit too much, and i hate rasins, so its like, ugh. again, i love fruit, if its fresh. but it just gives me the willies all dried and baked and brick-ified

I like fruitcake!

:stuck_out_tongue:

[size=1]dont think geocities wil not allow toomuch bandwidth usage…if that error occurs, u can msg me at yahoo, msn or aim and i will transfer the file, or pm me ur email add n i wil send it in mail…whatever suits u=)[/size]

what is it?

check it out:)

right click > save target as…
opens with winzip.

but its an exe…
whine
it’s not one of those belching programs is it?

no no, not any program …just an swf file converted into a projector exe file, dont worry about it =)

LOL…LOL

Yuck, fruitcakes. They have this type of cream that makes me wanna vomit. Really. And then the combination of oranges with that cream, actually makes me vomit. YUCK !

nice, but it’s old, and where is the fruitcake.
edit: oh, ahhm… ok… I found the line with the fruitcake :stuck_out_tongue:

I have tried fruitcake a number of times and hated it each time. It left a really weird aftertaste that I didn’t like at all. And I, too, am not a fan of the texture. Oh well… maybe I haven’t had any of the good stuff…

Fruitcake - one of the few creations to come out of my dad’s kitchen that I sent back. I say we make a wonderful list of all the things you can use fruitcake for.
[list]
[]A hammer
[
]A doorstop
[]A threat (ex: If you don’t finish your dinner… I’ll make you eat fruitcake!!!")
[
]Collect a few from around the neighbourhood and use them in combination with a hammer (or another fruitcake) to make an excellent coffee table
[]Carve with diamonds and you will have a frisbee!
[
]Make large flat ones and you will have snow tires. (For car or bike)
[*]Candle holder (it’s flame retardant!)
[/list]

Can someone give me a recipe? I don’t think I’ve tried it. I’ve tried cakes with fruits but not a fruitcake… :h:

Phat-
im a wierdo i watch ‘good eats’ all the time:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_8157,00.html

Thanx norie :slight_smile: expect a fruitcake review soon :stuck_out_tongue: