Fully Dynamic XML MP3 Player v1.1

[size=3][color=Red] VERSION 2: http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49368 [/color][/size]

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

I just finished a project I started a while ago, a fully dynamic MP3 player (with preloader and time indication) with an XML playlist. You can see a working example of it here: http://users.pandora.be/voetsjoeba/Mp3.html ,and the playlist is located here: [url=ā€œhttp://users.pandora.be/voetsjoeba/playlist.xmlā€]http://users.pandora.be/voetsjoeba/playlist.xml.

As I said, it is fully dynamic. That includes the fact that you only have to update the XML file with new values to add a song. It is written as a class that needs two parameters: an object containing the links to the elements of the interface, and the playlist array. Everything else goes fully automated.

I wanted to share it with you guys, and ask if you saw any bugs, or if you would like to see some features added. If so, let me know and I will implement them if I can. I was surprised at how easy this was actually.

*Stupid link parser :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey mate

First excellent player simple but yet excellent.

Now I have found one bug in the player pretty big one in a way. When the mp3 is loading and you presss the pause button then play again BEFORE the sound file has finished downloading the player skips to the next track and starts loading the next track.

Is their a way to disable the button when a track is loading?

Again Excellent player

Regs
Jacko

Thank you jacko33 :slight_smile:

I have checked the bug you reported, but it didnā€™t skip tracks for me. However, it did stop preloading, and thatā€™s a bug too of course. Thank you for noticing ! :slight_smile:

Hey Voetsjoeba

Just a follow on from the last bug when I have tested on a modem I find if I press the pause button then the play button it stops preloading as you stated andall the track names cycling throug fast in a loop like their is looping also the play pause button keeps flicking between pause play.

I will try and screen capture it for u so you can see it.

It also happens with the example page you have supplied.

Have a merrry christmas mate

Regs,
Jacko

Thanks, have a merry christmas too =)

Iā€™ll look after the bug, I wouldā€™ve done it earlier but Flash crashed and I didnā€™t feel like firing it up again :stuck_out_tongue: I think Iā€™ll fix this by disabling the controls while itā€™s preloading ā€¦ Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna do.

double-clicks Macromedia Flash MX 2004.lnk

Yeah I think that is the easiest, but I think it would still be cool to have the skip track buttons active so people can skip tracks they hate and donā€™t have to waste bandwidth on tracks they think bite.

Anyway I have to do some last minute christmas shopping.

happy xmas everyone.

Regs,
Jacko

gr8 job votes!

gr8 job votes!

Thanks digitalosophy :slight_smile:

[size=1]I still havenā€™t uploaded the swf with the bug fixed ā€¦[/size]

Wow, itā€™s excellent. The best Iā€™ve done was a ā€˜classicā€™ stream, for a websiteā€™s jukebox. The only suggestion I have (Itā€™s a cool one, not too hard to make) would be to have a seek bar. Can just make it by placing a little moive/draggable box on the load bar. You already have all the variables for the time elapsed, and total time, right?

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_x=_root.bar._x + int(_root.elapsedtime / _root.totaltime / _root.bar._width)
}

Or define a function on the first frame, if you want. It makes it good 'n interactive.

The volume bar; when I drag it one pixel the sound often changes by two, are you sure itā€™s 100 pixels high? Not a big deal; just saying. If I were doing this Iā€™d eliminate the anti-aliasing on the buttons (not the movie quality), by making their coordinates integers. I guess thatā€™s my design scheme, though, not a bug or anything.

Sands of Morocco!

Yeah, I could add that pretty fast. Iā€™m wondering how you can tell the sound increases by exactly 2 :stuck_out_tongue: I honestly donā€™t know what size that volume slider is anymore, but it sure doesnā€™t bother me. :slight_smile:

Hey Voetsjoeba,

A great job on the mp3 playerā€¦ thumb:
But could it be possible to make the mp3 player as in the top right corner as they did on this site?
http://turnbox.com/loose/turnbox_flash.html

and maybe with a drop down menu that way you can fit the player in any spot:) :

Andreas

Hey Anderson

Like the example trying to get the same result too.

Regs,
Jacko33

*Originally posted by Voetsjoeba *
**Yeah, I could add that pretty fast. Iā€™m wondering how you can tell the sound increases by exactly 2 :stuck_out_tongue: I honestly donā€™t know what size that volume slider is anymore, but it sure doesnā€™t bother me. :slight_smile: **

. . . thereā€™s a variable next to it . . .

*Originally posted by andersom *

Andreas **

are you talking about this player here?? http://www.awamusic.com/index_main.html

great job voetsjoeba!!! even though i donā€™t understand actionscript!

*Originally posted by andersom *
**Hey Voetsjoeba,

A great job on the mp3 playerā€¦ thumb:
But could it be possible to make the mp3 player as in the top right corner as they did on this site?
http://turnbox.com/loose/turnbox_flash.html

Andreas **

Yes it is, all Iā€™d have to add is a dropdown list of the songs. Not that hard, since Iā€™ve already got an array with every data in it. Just a for loop that places it in the dropdown menu, no big deal.

Hello Voetsjoeba,

That would be very handyā€¦ but i noticed when you come on the site of Turnbox.com, the music starts after a few seconds when itā€™s loaded a small part of the song. Would this be possible in your player?
Thanx for your reply.

Wow dude you rock! I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like this one. Very Nice! I am currently adding some visuals to the mp3 player. Iā€™m trying to make a real one. You know such a pocket thingy. I got one too, really neat stuff. Iā€™ll post when itā€™s done.

BTW I hope you donā€™t mind that Iā€™m modifying your brilliant masterpiece Voetsjoeba?

*Originally posted by CoDe-ReD *
**Wow dude you rock! I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like this one. Very Nice! I am currently adding some visuals to the mp3 player. Iā€™m trying to make a real one. You know such a pocket thingy. I got one too, really neat stuff. Iā€™ll post when itā€™s done.

BTW I hope you donā€™t mind that Iā€™m modifying your brilliant masterpiece Voetsjoeba? **

Not at all, free for all use. Glad you like it :slight_smile:

So here is a little screenshot of the design. It is still on my harddrive cuz I canā€™t find a suitable hosting site that will host MP3 files for me. Iā€™ll have a look @ that tomorrow after Iā€™ve installed my new CPU cooler (Coolermaster Aero 7+, WIND POWER MWAHAHHAHAHAHA :evil: ) So anyways back to the screenshot: