Fully Dynamic XML MP3 Player v1.1

Well it’s done. Hope you like it:

LINK

BTW about the streaming part… Maybe you can use something like that the mp3 file starts playing if bytesloaded = (totalbytes/6)? So that it loads a small part of the song and then starts to play the song and when the song is playing it loads the rest of the song. Would that be an idea?

Raaaaah!!! They removed my MP3 files! Can someone please give me a good webspace hosting adress where I can host mp3 files?

mp3.com.au

I’ll try to upload them to my home account some time later.

While messing around with this I noticed that this wasn’t working.

this.paused = 1;
		// this.paused -- Paused at beginning, 1 or 0

I was trying to make it so you could browse through the track with the forward/backward buttons but only load the song on demand (via the play button) I couldn’t get that to work, so I settled for just setting it to pause at the start… I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for me unless I somehow forgot to replace some of the original code, can anyone confirm/deny this?

APDesign – It could be possible that I forgot the pausing at the beginning possibility. I’ve updated the player, let me know if you’re still having problems with this version.

MP3Player v1.1:

Hey Voetsjoeba

Will I have a had a play around with the player it appears to have all the bugs fixed BUT Big V don’t hate me but I have found two new ones :slight_smile:

1. Ok first when you load the swf the first song loads but doesn’t play you have to press the play button to get the player started. (This can be fixed with a little actionscript)

2. When you have the first song playing and skip track it loads prefect and plays but the track timer stays set on zero. But if you press pause then play it fixes and displays the timer counting up.

Apart from that nearly the prefect player

Keep up the good work

Jacko

The first is because it is set to paused at start - if you have to click play, then it’s working as it should :slight_smile:

The other one appears to have been tougher than I thought … probably because I haven’t been working with this player for some time.

I think it’s time for v2.

Ok, a couple more questions (sorry!) One REALLY weird question: When I say info.embedFonts=true; to embedFonts into the info text field, the text gets HUGE for no apparent reason. It works fine for every other text field though, any ideas?

And one other question that you don’t have to answer if its too much to ask. Do you know if there is any way to make it NOT load a track when it starts up? (I don’t want it to eat up 2 MB every time someone visits the page if they don’t intend to listen to the music.) Thanks a heck of a lot for your help and for this awesome MP3 player!

I have no idea about your textfield, sorry. That has never happened to me before.

Well, yeah, I couldn’t implement everything in there. Somebody wants this, and somebody else wants another thing. I’m working on version 2 of this player at the moment, which should be streaming (if I get it to work, streaming audio in Flash is quite annoying to work with), and has a lot of features and settings.

I think it is 3 cheers for voetsjoeba because the player does everything I need it to

Jacko

EXCELLENT STUFF Voetsjoeba !!!

so i decided to put visuals on it… HERE, u can check the online mp3 player.

Now im having problems too like those mentioned by others (mp3 loading when skipped, track numbers, yada yada…). so i was wondering if u could check it out (the online mp3 player) to see the problem.

Also, HERE, is the current code i have on there, in case you want to look at it and see which ones i have to change.

Another, HERE, is the xml file with the songs (in case u wanna check it too). Sometimes the song doesnt load at all, and sometimes it shows full bar loaded but the display shows 0kb/xkb. im pretty sure the mp3 links are fine coz iv tried them all in Windows Media Player…

iv read the whole thread… but somehow i think im lost. if its not too much to ask, could you point out the things i should tweak, or better if u can put up something that i could just swap in…

AWESOME Player!

…on the playlist, only track 20 plays. at least on my pc. but i havent tried it on other computers

Edited: i switch track 20 to 1 so we can play that one first since its the only one i got to work

I am not sure if I mentioned this earlier voets, but this is absolutely fantastic! :slight_smile:

Thanks Kirupa :slight_smile:

ez_stylin’ - That interface looks really cool ! I know this thread might be getting confusing - I think I’ve messed up with several versions. That’s why I’ve started v2.

thanx. but is it working ok?

Which version ?

oh… the one im workin on or made, and yeah sure the v2…? u finishd it?

Lol, no. I’m still workin’ on it. I’m very busy lately, and I hardly find time to work on it. I’ll post it when it’s done.

hey Voetsjoeba
i was searching for an tutorial for n streaming audio player…but i ound nothing…and now i found your player…
im trying thsi WE to understand the code…but this would be hard…because im new into actionscript…
but ill do my best…
very very nice player!!!
u rock!