Ghosted Buttons w/ LoadMovieNum

Hi Guys,

I am having one hell of a time figuring out a wierd problem that I am having with LoadMovieNum(). The problem is that as I load movies onto levels above the root (ie Level0) it seems that any buttons that are on a level below this one are ghosting through onto this layer (ie there is a hot spot from a button from the previous level, showing up and trying to take user feedback).

I have absolutely no clue why it is doing this short of unloading the previous levels and restructuring how all my levels are loaded, or making a null Actionscript (ie. a script that does nothing) on each levels background image.

Thoughts and suggestions? Or should I just pull out the .22 and chock this up to another stupid Flash MX 2004 bug?

Hi LFoz

I have seen this problem before, but I can’t find the thread. The main thing you need to know is that there is a simple answer.
Although I cannot supply you with AS, I can tell you that you need to unload the other movie before loading the next one, or else two instances of movies happen, so although you can’t see them, the buttons are still there.

Hope this has helped
ignusb