Global Variables problem with PopUp Caption

Greetings everybody…

I have run into a problem which I’m sure is mind-numbingly simple to fix. I have a SWF map with which you can mouse over certain regions and display a caption bubble with the regions information. At first, I ran into a problem using a scrollbar for the map and creating a startDrag function for the caption… so I decided to axe that idea and simply use a CSS scroller on the map so that the captions would work, and then create an onPress function to send the details variables (thumbnail, (all child nodes from xml), etc…)

Okay… so that’s where i’m at now… the map SWF with captions works:
http://www.chavezart.net/community/kirupa/swf_LGLC_content.swf
But, as soon as I put it on a HTML page… the captions start displaying ‘undefined’ in all of the text fields. I am guessing that there is something wrong with how I am dynamically defining the variables in my functions.

So that is my primary problem… any insight would be tremendously appreciated. The .fla, .swf, .xml, and sample .html file can be downloaded in the following .zip:
http://www.chavezart.net/community/kirupa/forKirupa.zip

Additionally, I was wondering if anybody could refer me to a good tutorial or sample FLA about using LocalConnection Objects.

Many thanks everybody!