GMAIL new features

I did not write this. Google crew did.

You asked. We said they were coming. And now, they’re here:

* Import Contacts
  You've made a list. You've checked it twice. Now you never have to check it again. Move all your contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, and others to Gmail in just a few clicks. Then simply rely on our auto-complete feature to prefill all your addresses for you. Keep all your contacts in one place and keep in touch with all of them using Gmail. Learn more

* Signature options
  From the settings page, create a signature that's automatically added to the end of all your outgoing messages. Change it as often as you like, but always get the last word. Learn more

* Safari browser support
  Everybody's gone surfin'… now Mac OS X's Safari is surfing Gmail as well (versions 1.2.1 and newer).

noticed it earlier, I don’t really use any of that stuff though, so I’m not that excited :(, but I wish I’d just get some invites, so everybody spam me!

[email protected] :slight_smile:

Yeah I know. I wish they would put in the POP3 surport… :slight_smile:

the signature feature was there a long time ago…

when is [color=red]g[/color][color=blue]m[/color][color=yellow]a[/color][color=red]i[/color][color=green]l[/color] slated to be open for the masses?

I agree :):slight_smile:

i dont like gmails spam filters. maybe they will help get rid of spam, which is good, but they also get rid of my html newsletters. which is bad.

Having pop3 access to your gmail would kind of defeat the purpose of having gmail wouldnt it? Then you just have an @gmail which could be @whatever for all it matters. The cool thing about gmail is its web based functionality, the tabbed conversations, the searchable archives etc. If you wanted to pop3 it you would lose all that.

re: spam filters. Yahoo’s spam filters kill some of my newsletters while letting spam through sometimes. Even if i set up a filter to let the newsletter through it still kills it. Pain in the arse.

bleh. nothing too useful.

I wish the signature attach thing was like horde imp. It puts the signature BEFORE any replies/forwards, so that it’s not the signature at the end of the email. Only if gmail had that…

Oh well, it’s pretty good now :slight_smile:

I like gmail, I got sick of my school and yahoo sending me the “your at 83.5% of your mailbox”. Now I just tag a label on it and file it away. Simple effective and I love the reply feature, it’s like a thread on a forum.