HAve a look at my site and tell me how to correct something

eyez - Just making sure… I was starting from ground zero… just in case I was misinterpretting his experience… I guess it was kind of funny thoughh :slight_smile:

Sorry about that man… I was not trying to insult your intelligence… just get a feel for how complex we really should be getting.

Okay it’s been a while. I did exactly what you said, first trying it on just one box and it didn’t work??

Okay, I’ve got the box, it’s a movie clip and has just one frame, what it is in it’s smallest state.

I also create a button with just the hitstate, so it’s invisible, and place this on the main stage over this box I created.
I right clicked on this button on the main stage and got the action script box and put in what you said:

onMouseOver,DragOver
i=1
OnMouseOut,DragOut
i=0

Problem is I only have on Mouse Roll Over, not Mouse over but I guess this is the same.
So I do on mouse event and then check Roll Over and Drag Over and then put i as the variable and the thing as 1. Do I put 1 or “1” ???

Then on the box on the main stage also right clicking to put in the script I put in.

onClipEvent (load) {
i = 0;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (i == 1) {
_xscale = _xscale + (200 - _xscale)/6;
_yscale = _yscale + (200- _yscale)/6;
}
if (i == 0) {
_xscale = _xscale + (100 - _xscale)/10;
_yscale = _yscale + (100 - _yscale)/10;
}
}

Then I test the movie, and the bow just stays at it’s first size.

I tired to do a test to make sure the variable was changing from 1 to 0 by having a simple movie to the side that would just show a big 1 or a big 0 respectively but this doesn’t seem to be working. I think I need a tutorial on this as I’m cocking up somewhere but @#%$ knows where.

Okay it’s been a while. I did exactly what you said, first trying it on just one box and it didn’t work??

Okay, I’ve got the box, it’s a movie clip and has just one frame, what it is in it’s smallest state.

I also create a button with just the hitstate, so it’s invisible, and place this on the main stage over this box I created.
I right clicked on this button on the main stage and got the action script box and put in what you said:

onMouseOver,DragOver
i=1
OnMouseOut,DragOut
i=0

Problem is I only have on Mouse Roll Over, not Mouse over but I guess this is the same.
So I do on mouse event and then check Roll Over and Drag Over and then put i as the variable and the thing as 1. Do I put 1 or “1” ???

Then on the box on the main stage also right clicking to put in the script I put in.

onClipEvent (load) {
i = 0;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (i == 1) {
_xscale = _xscale + (200 - _xscale)/6;
_yscale = _yscale + (200- _yscale)/6;
}
if (i == 0) {
_xscale = _xscale + (100 - _xscale)/10;
_yscale = _yscale + (100 - _yscale)/10;
}
}

Then I test the movie, and the box just stays at it’s first size.

I tired to do a test to make sure the variable was changing from 1 to 0 by having a simple movie to the side that would just show a big 1 or a big 0 respectively but this doesn’t seem to be working. I think I need a tutorial on this as I’m cocking up somewhere but @#%$ knows where.

i see what you are doing wrong.

the first set of action script

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
i = 1;
}
on (rollOut, dragOut) {
i = 0;
}

This needs to be placed on the invisible button while it is still in the MOVIE CLIP (MC) before you place it on the main stage.

Once this is done,
take your MC and drag it on to your MAIN STAGE (main movie) then apply the second set of action script on the MC on the MAIN STAGE.

I hope this helps.

I believe Mano1 was the first to accomplish this using Tell Targets in Flash 3. At the time everyone was amazed, especially since the buttons he used were in 3D and I’m sure there’s a ton of tutorials out there on how to do this in Tell Target. Just a little Flash history for you.

The actionscript way probably works too. I never took the time to learn it.

GD
www.gdfoundation.com

Thanks I’ll try that out and get back to you!

just for the record: it’s 1, not “1” (Good question!! 60% of your errors will turn out to be that simple little check box. :slight_smile: )

I’m not sure about this talk of the button being in the movie clip before it goes onto the main stage. Can the person who stated this explain why it would work differently in each case?

Its actually a matter of preferrence. If the button is placed on the stage first and then the MC is placed on top of it, It’s a lot harder to position the button and the MC together and grouping them specially in this case because the actionScript on the button drives the mouseOver scale (for the animation).

If they are already gouped while in the MC then all you have to do is add the actionScript to the MC and not bother with the button script.

I hope this isn’t too confusing.