Having Trouble Getting Preloader To Work - Help!

No offense, but if you’d followed the tutorial exactly, it’d work. :slight_smile:

First, when you hit ctrl+enter to view your movie from flash (or manually begin play) do you get any actionscript errors?

Also, I never got to see my preloader for my first movie to work until I used the file:preview:html function. It was -already- loaded all the other times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that no offense taken. I have followed the tutorials and I get no action scripting errors. I try to publish preview in HTML and I never see the preloader do it’s thing? Can’t seem to figure it out. I will try it one more time. If I have any problems I will let you know and see what you can do for me. Thanks again.

Just to boost up the file size and test the preloader I add a full size .mp3 to the mix, and when I find out it works I just take out the song.

Viewing the file on your computer will not show a preloader. You will need to upload it to a server and check. If the file is being read off of your computer, the load time is so fast it needs no preloader.

I too have done the tutorials on this site and found that they work.

Ah, LostInBeta, the God of outdoing me. :stuck_out_tongue: I was going to say that, if you movie is 10k, and you’re running cable, you’d never see the preloader in the first place.

I learned that one the hard way :-\

HAHA :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I usually add a full song in .mp3 format instead of a loop then upload it to test it out. This process works great for me :beam:

Hey guys,

thanks for all the help. I now have a new problem… I see the preloader, but it won’t go away. Is the Preloader layer supposed to be the very first layer with the preloader in the first frame? Or is it supposed to be the very last layer with the preloader in the first frame? If you’d like to see the file you can go to

www.hutchingsrealty.com/index_animation.html

Let me know what you think.

Kelly

Hmm, interesting. I am running on a cable modem and all I got was a blank black screen. I didn’t even see the preloader.

It doesn’t matter what layer it is in, as long as it is in the first frame(s) of your movie.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see a preloader at all. In fact, on my 56k, it’s still a big black box. Try putting the preloader in the very first frame, of the very first scene. It’s either in the wrong place, or not working. :-\

Edit: Quit typing faster then me! :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA, sorry, I do that to a lot of people. I seem to have a nack for posting at the same exact time as other people.

I guess it is an acquired skill :evil:

Okay, it works now. I got a navigation looking thing up, but the proloading screen (I suppose) that said ‘Loading Complete’ went away as soon as I selected an option from the other 7 you have (None of which have content.)

When you click ‘Home’ it does show the preloader bar again, I think you accidently put it there (Meaning, first frame that is not empty, beside the preloader.) Try make a clean first frame, and putting only the preloader in it.

Typetypetypefast :stuck_out_tongue:

All I am getting now is a big white screen. It used to be black, but now it is white. Still no content showing…hmmmm.

Ok,

check it out now. Let me know what you see.

Hmm, I still get the same thing. I even cleared out all my temp internet files and cookies and all that junk. Still just get a white screen. I keep it open in hopes that waiting will make it work, but no luck.

I am sure Reggit can help with your problem. My computer does this sometimes…grrrr. By the time it will work again you will probably have the problem solved though.

Horrah. Clear temp files Big black screen, no loading. Did you reupload your .swf file to your server? :stuck_out_tongue: If so, check your .fla again, make absolutly sure you’re putting the preloader on your first frame, first scene, of your entire movie.

Additional: I found out that it’s also not loading your whole movie. After I clicked one of the buttons, 5 or so minutes later, I got something that said ‘Coming Soon’ fairly large, faded in. So the buttons do work, just aren’t being preloaded.

Ok,

Each one of my buttons loads a seperate movie dynamically. The actual navigation background is a seperate movie. Should I be putting the preloader in the navigation movie to preload the other movies overall or should I be placing the preloader in the first frame, first scene of each individual movie?

Thanks again for your help.

Kelly

As easily put as possible, put a preloader whereever you think your site as a whole needs to be preloaded. For the first time someone enters your site, you probably should have the preloader on the MAIN navagation, first frame/scene, so that your ‘home’ and Navigation are preloaded. Then a preloader on each additional movie, which are linked by the buttons.

Ok,

I’ll try that then let you know what happens. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks again.

i also got a preloader problem

how do i make a animated preloader with percentage as well

example: a spinning animation and under it has the percentage loaded

thanks in advance if any can help!!

ps: how do i add a bar?

:cowboy: when u press ctrl+enter to preview ur movie in flash, do it twice…i mean pres ctrl+enter twice one after the other…mayb if u have a large size u will see ur preloader in action :stuck_out_tongue:

:cowboy: when u press ctrl+enter to preview ur movie in flash, do it twice…i mean pres ctrl+enter twice one after the other…mayb if u have a large size u will see ur preloader in action :stuck_out_tongue: