Header rather than redirect

I think rather than the redirect to the forums that we currently have kirupa could use a php header function instead that’d do it much faster and nobody’d know there even was a redirect page :stuck_out_tongue:

somebody? I didn’t think it was THAT bad an idea :P, somebody must have a reason why we don’t do it already?

Walks By

Whistles

Keeps walking

well, in my case I always enter directly at www.kirupa.com and then at any specific forum, I never enter to the forums directly…

I always click the forums link, and this would just be so easy and look better.

and sharif, do you know what I’m saying?

Oh - how would that be done? If that will work on all browsers (like that ever happened…even though it is all server-side?) I’d consider giving that a shot.

Yep I do :).

Just nothing we can do about it at the moment. It’s kirupa choice ;).

<?php
header("Location: http://kirupaforum.com/forum/");
?>

at the top of the page, and it’s server side

Thanks a lot - that has been done :slight_smile:

your welcome, and finally I’ve contributed something fairly decent, and it went on the homepage :P, I’m so happy

whee

Write a tutorial now. That’s what all the cool kids do, like reefter and me. xcept reefters a tut writing MACHINE. He pumps them out a like 5 tuts a second.

Haha everyone call him reefter from now on.

hm… where are the files I need for writing a tut? I forgot…

go to the fourm guidlines/suggestions fourm

well I wrote it and pm’ed kirupa, or was I supposed to do something else? oh well… :), I’ll go read it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol :P. You actually mentioned my tutorial. I wrote those 5 tutorials in about a total of 2 hours but I spread it out within 3 days.

5 more comin up this week - I hope everyone got a chance to read them!

Jesus! Stop writing them! You are like, assualting us with waves of tutorials.

-Yes i did mention you’re tutorial in mine. Feel praised FEEEL IT! No you’ve gotta return the favor :wink:

Lol sure…

:*( :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

:smiley:

__

Back on topic!

What topic? :huh:

Look at my title